Specifications Air Control
- Air Control - High Pressure Input (2)
- Input Pressure Range: 500-3000 PSI
- 500-4500 PSI with Optional 300 Bar Din Adapter
- Inlet Valve - Regulating type
- Gauge - 0-6000 PSI: Accuracy +/- 1.5%
- Filter, In Line Pre Regulator: 50 Micron
- Air Control - High Pressure Regulators (1)
- Outlet Pressure Range: 0-400 PSI
- High Flow: Cv = 0.8
- Max Pressure: 6000 PSI
- Low Pressure Input, with Check Valve (1)
- Max Pressure: 285 PSI
- Inlet Connection (#6 JIC)
- Diver Outlet Connection, (O2 Fitting) (2)
- Diver Outlet Valve (Ball) (2)
- Air Pressure Gauge, 0-600 PSI: Accuracy +/- 1.5%
- Over Pressure Relief Valve Set Pressure: 285 PSI
- Panel Construction
- Panel Material: Stainless Steel
- Powder Coating: Black Textured Semi-Gloss Polyester
- Silkscreen Graphics: White, Red & Blue
Specifications Depth Monitoring (Pneumo)
- Pneumo Gauge
- Mirrored Scale, 4.5 Inch: (2)
- Range: Dual Scale 0-250 FSW/0-76 MSW
- Divisions: 1 Foot
- Accuracy: 0.25% of Full Scale
- Pneumo Valve
- Regulating Valve, KEL-F Seat: (2)
- Outlet Connection
- O2 Fitting Chrome Plated Brass: (2)
- Model 2825A-8211 Communicator
- Operating Voltage: 9-18 VDC
- Power: Rechargeable Battery
- External Power: 12-18 VDC
- Operating Time: Nominal 60 Hour
- Charger: 90/264 Volts
- Frequency Response: 300-10000 Hz
- Audio Power: 20 Watt
- Panel: Black Powder Coat over Stainless Steel with White Silkscreen Graphics
- Case Material
- Co-polymer composite material. Includes carrying handle, latches, and stay hinge to lock unit in open position (upper section is locked upright in respect to lower section).
- Lid closed: 24-1/4" W x 19-1/2" D x 8 1/2" H
- Lid Open: 24-1/4" W x 21-1/2" D x 26" H
- Weight: Approximately 60 lbs.
- Color: International yellow
Portable and Affordable:
The Amron International Model 8211 Compact Two Diver Air Control Surface Command Unit (SCU) is ergonomically designed with the customer in mind. The 8211 is a compact portable and affordable 2-diver Surface Command Unit that uses the high quality Amcom II Diver Deluxe Communicator.
This surface command unit is a self-contained high and low pressure air control and depth monitoring (pneumo) system for surface supplied commercial diving operations. It is manufactured with Amron’s high quality standards and over 35 years of experience in the diving industry. Ideal for the inland diver, but rugged enough for the offshore diver, the 8211 is a great Surface Command Unit for either application.
The 8211 comes with Amron’s field proven 2825A series communicator built right in. The communicator comes complete with a Hand-Held Push-to-Talk microphone which cancels topside background noise and provides clear communication to the diver. This unit offers separate channels and volume controls for each diver and the tender.
The pneumo section consists of one 4.5 inch mirrored scale 0.25% of full-scale accuracy gauge per diver. Each gauge is dual scale 0-250 FSW / 0-76 MSW with one foot increments. The 8211 meets the OSHA standard that surface-supplied air diving shall be conducted at depths shallower than 190 FSW. The air control system also comes with calibration certificates for the pneumo gauges.
Amron’s 8211 Surface Command Unit consists of two HP inputs and one HP Pressure Reducing regulator with an output range of 0-400 psi. The unit comes standard with 2 each CGA850 yokes rated to 3000 psi and are attached to 6-foot long HP hoses. Optional 300 Bar DIN Adapters are available, Amron Part No. HAS-300D, that replace the CGA850 yoke, which increases the maximum input pressure to 4500 PSI.
The LP input with safety check valve has a #6 JIC fitting and is protected from over pressurization by an over pressure relief valve set at 285 PSI. Diver and pneumo outlet fittings are chrome plated brass oxygen type, but can be changed to JIC #6 upon request.
Note: Do not use the Model 8211 for mixed gas diving operations or enriched breathing mixtures above 40%.
Brand Amron International Communications No Video No
Why does the speaker on my communicator sound muffled?The issue is not with the communicator, it is with the wiring of the umbilical. There is always the potential for wiring the speakers and microphone out of phase, similar to wiring the speakers on a car stereo system. There is an orientation to the banana jacks and they should be wired for proper phasing with the communicator. A banana plug does have an identified ground side marked on the plug. Amron always sets up their umbilicals so that the ground side is located on the left side so the user can consistently plug in their umbilical and avoid phasing issues. If a banana plug is plugged upside down or is wired out of phase, the sound quality will be significantly reduced. If the phasing is out and the orientation of both plugs are the same, then the banana plug wiring should be reversed on “only one plug” to avoid this issue again. It does not matter which plug you choose to reverse the wiring on.