Questions and Answers
SHOPPING & ORDERING
- How can I find what I’m looking for?
- How do I place an order online?
- How do I track my order?
- How do I know if my order has been received at Amron?
- Can I make changes to my online order?
- What if I have other questions about my order?
- Do you accept International orders online?
- Do you accept orders from military, federal, state and local governments?
- What is Amron’s pricing policy?
- What do I do if I forgot my password?
SHIPPING & DELIVERY
- How can I expedite my order?
- What is free ground shipping?
- Can my order ship via USPS Priority mail?
- Can you ship to Guam and U.S. Protectorates/Insular areas?
- Can you ship to Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico?
- Can you ship to a Military APO/FPO address?
- How do I enter my military FPO/APO address?
- Does Amron ship hazardous materials?
- Does Amron include freight insurance?
- Is sales tax added to my order?
- Does Amron offer labeling, special packaging and notary services?
- Why is my shipment delayed?
- Where can I find international shipping rates?
- When will my international order ship?
- How do I place an international order?
- Can I use my FedEx or UPS account to ship my order?
- Do I need to pay import duty, taxes and customs clearance charges?
- Are there any limitations on products shipped internationally?
- What are the export policies and restrictions?
- Do you accept wire transfer payments?
- Can you lower the value of the item I purchased or mark it as a gift?
- Can you ship my international order WITHOUT an invoice?
- Can you ship to Russia?
- How do I return or exchange a product?
- What happens if I receive a damaged product?
- What happens with a refused shipment?
- How do I return a product for repair?
- What is the warranty for Amron Manufactured Products and/or Amron Distributed Products?
SHOPPING & ORDERING
How can I find what I'm looking for?
There are lots of ways to find the product(s) you're looking for. One easy way is to use our search feature, found near the top of each page. You can search by keywords, such as “light”, the brand or manufacturer name of the item or you can enter a product part number. Our Search will provide you with the best matches to your query. Another way to find what you're looking for is to navigate by category. For example, if you're looking for a pair of binoculars, simply go to the top of the page and click on the “Outdoor” category. From there choose binoculars and then choose the appropriate pair of binoculars. Still can't find what you're looking for? Call one of our friendly customer service representatives toll-free at (877) 462-6700 or (760) 208-6500, Monday –Friday 6am – 5pm PST and we will be happy to assist you. You can also email us here.
- New customers — if you haven't purchased online with us before, it's quick and easy to create an account. Begin by clicking on 'My Account' at the top of any page. This will take you to the account ‘login’ page. Once there, follow the 3 easy steps for New Customers to ‘Create an account’. Once completed, our website will recognize your email address. For future transactions, all you'll have to do is enter your email address and password.
- Returning customers — if you are an established Amron customer but have not yet purchased online at our new website (launched 09/20/11), please enter your email address as a ‘Registered Customer’ and then click on ‘Forgot Your Password’. This is required one time only to re-set your password. After entering your email address again, a new password will be emailed to your inbox. Copy and paste this new password onto your login screen. You are now logged in! If you want to change your password to something you can remember easily, under ‘Contact Information’ click on ‘Change Password’.
If you are an established Amron customer who has made an online purchase on our new website (launched 09/22/11), all you will need to do, is sign in with your email address and password.
How do I track my order?
You will receive an email from us with your tracking information, once your order has shipped. After you login into your ‘My Account’, click on ‘My Orders’ link on the left hand side of the page to track the progress of your current order during shipment. UPS tracking information provides you with real time shipping information for your order. With the most recent information listed at the top, the tracking information shows each time your package is scanned, when it arrives at and departs from each UPS shipping hub. A final scan is made when it arrives at your door.
A tracking number is assigned when your package leaves our warehouse, and the first scan usually is made within a few hours of it leaving our warehouse. UPS tracking information will be available on our website www.amronintl.com and on www.UPS.com.
How do I know if my order has been received at Amron?
After completion of your order, Amron will send you an order confirmation email to the designated email address provided. The acknowledgement will specify the products and quantities ordered, shipping costs and sales taxes (if applicable), and the billing and shipping. Please note that this can only occur if the email address you submitted upon registration is still active.
If you completed an online order and did not receive an order confirmation via email, please contact an Amron customer service representative for assistance, toll-free at (877) 462-6700 or (760) 208-6500, Monday – Friday 6am – 5pm PST.
Can I make changes to my online order?
If you need to make a change to an existing online order after completion, please contact an Amron customer service representative toll-free at (877) 462-6700 or (760) 208-6500, Monday –Friday 6am – 5pm PST as soon as possible. We will try our best to accommodate your change. Amron cannot guarantee that the order change can occur once it is submitted. Please include your order number and customer account number (if known). There may be a slight delay between your online order submission and the download to our order processing system; therefore, it is vital that you have all the necessary information available for one of our customer service representatives.
What if I have other questions about my order?
If you have questions about your online order, a product or service, contact an Amron customer service representative for assistance, toll-free at (877) 462-6700 or (760) 208-6500, Monday –Friday 6am – 5pm PST, or send us an email with your questions and we will be happy to assist you.
Do you accept international orders online?
Yes we do accept international orders online. You can find more information on our international shipping page.
Do you accept orders from the military, federal, state and local governments?
Yes we do accept government orders. There are various ways the military and government agencies can purchase from us. Amron is a multiple GSA federal supply schedule holder, as well as supplying a wide range of products on DOD Emall. Amron is also a tier-1 supplier for the hazardous incident response equipment NY HIRE contract. Please contact one of our friendly customer service representatives for assistance, toll-free at (877) 462-6700 or (760) 208-6500, Monday –Friday 6am – 5pm PST, or send us an email with your questions.
What is Amron’s pricing policy?
From time to time errors and typos do occur. Amron reserves the right to correct these errors on the Amron web site, email, banner ads and any other web related media. For questions related to pricing please contact a customer service representative (877) 462-6700 or (760) 208-6500, Monday –Friday 6am – 5pm PST, or send us an email.
What do I do if I forgot my password?
If you have forgotten your password, click the ‘Forgot Your Password?’ link at the bottom of the login page. A new password will be e-mailed to you immediately. Use the new password to log in, then on your ‘My Account” page click ‘Account Information’ to change your password again.
- American Express
- Google Checkout
SHIPPING & DELIVERY
How can I expedite my order?
You choose a shipping method during the check-out process. Overnight shipments will arrive the next business day (excluding weekends and holidays) after departing Amron. 2-day air shipments arrive two business days after departing Amron. On-time delivery for both methods is guaranteed by UPS. We will do our best to accommodate last minute and expedited orders.
What is free ground shipping?
Occasionally, Amron will sell products that fit within the parameters of free shipping promotions, established either by Amron or the manufacturer of the product. Products associated with a free shipping promotion will receive free UPS Ground delivery for destinations within the 48 contiguous states. UPS Ground shipments are usually delivered within 5 business days from the time of shipment. Please keep in mind these shipping times are estimates and are calculated from the time the shipment leaves our warehouse. Oversized, hazardous and heavy items are not included. These free shipping promotions are valid for retail customers only. Resellers, Dealers, and Distributors are not part of the "Free Shipping" Promotion. Government customers should contact an Amron sales representative at (877) 462-6700 or (760) 208-6500 for more information.
Can my order ship via USPS Priority Mail?
Amron can ship your order via USPS Priority mail and items are usually delivered within 2 – 3 business days from the time of shipment. Please keep in mind these shipping times are estimates and are calculated from the time the shipment leaves our warehouse. Packages cannot exceed 70 lbs. Oversized and hazardous items cannot be shipped via USPS.
Can you ship to Guam and U.S. Protectorates/Insular Areas?
Amron can ship orders to Virgin Islands (U.S.), Guam, American Samoa, Marshall Islands, Northern Mariana Islands, Micronesia and Palau via UPS or USPS. Estimated delivery time is 3 - 5 business days however some destinations may take longer.
Can you ship to Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico?
Amron can ship orders to Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico via UPS or USPS. Estimated delivery time is 3-5 business days however some destinations may take longer.
Can you ship to a Military FPO/APO address?
Orders can be shipped to a Military APO or FPO address via priority mail. Your order will be shipped to the U.S. military post office. The U.S. military post office has control over the shipment and delivery time to the final APO/FPO destination. Delivery time estimates are 5 -10 business days from date of shipment, and some destinations may take up to 45 days. Please be aware insurance and tracking is NOT offered on these shipments. You are shipping at your own risk. Amron International is not responsible for any costs associated with uninsured shipments. Packages cannot exceed 70 lbs. Oversized and hazardous items cannot be shipped via USPS.
How do I enter my military FPO/APO address?
When entering your billing and shipping address (can be done from your ‘My Account’ page or during the check out process) ensure you select the appropriate designation in the following fields:
- ‘City’ field, enter APO or FPO.
- ‘State’ field, use drop down menu to choose one of the following:
- Armed Forces Europe = AE
- Armed Forces Americas = AA
- Armed Forces Pacific = AP
- ‘ZIP Code’ field, enter the 5-digit ZIP code for the military unit. It must start with a 0 or 9. Your billing address ZIP code (or home address code) cannot be used in place of a military ZIP code.
- ‘Country’ field, use the default choice of USA.
- ‘Phone’ field, we suggest entering the phone number of a family member or friend who is stateside. The field does not accept international numbers.
Does Amron ship hazardous materials?
Certain items are shipped as hazardous materials and will be handled according to DOT and IATA rules and regulations. Special handling, packaging and/or forms charges may be passed on to the customer.
Does Amron include freight insurance?
Amron adds freight insurance to all shipments unless otherwise instructed by the customer. Please note that Amron is not responsible for any costs associated with uninsured damaged shipments.
Is sales tax added to my order?
As Amron operates in California and Washington we are required by these two states’ tax codes to collect sales tax on products or products plus shipping and handling. This tax is sent to the requisite state, not held by Amron.
Does Amron offer labeling, special packaging and notary services?
For a fee, Amron provides Notarized Certificates of Origin, Logmar Bar Code Labeling and special packaging to meet higher levels of military specifications. Amron Certificates of Conformance are provided free of charge.
Why is my shipment delayed?
Some products are subject to shipping restrictions because of size, weight or multiple packages and may be delayed because of these reasons. Because of size and weight limitations, shipments may arrive in more than one package. Please wait a few days for all units to arrive before communicating with us. The number of packages shipped is indicated on shipping labels. Delivery time varies with distance and method of shipment used.
If it is necessary to inquire about a delay in the delivery of an order, please state the name and address under which the merchandise was ordered, the date shipped, description of merchandise and any special information which you might think necessary to enable us to trace the shipment with the carrier. Our customer representatives are available by calling toll-free at (877) 462-6700 or (760) 208-6500 Monday - Friday 6am - 5pm PST. If possible, please have your customer number or order number handy.
Where can I find international shipping rates?
International rates are determined by weight and shipping destination. Your rate will be calculated in the shopping cart, based on your specific location and the items in your shopping cart. Charges will automatically compute during checkout and prior to the completion of your order.
How do I place an international order?
You can place an order on our website, over the phone, via email or fax. Amron accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover credit cards or wire transfer for payment options on international orders.
- Ordering Online: Ordering online is safe and easy. First create an account online. Now you are ready to place an order online. Once you have added all the items to your shopping cart, click on “CHECKOUT” and follow the on-screen options for payment and shipping. Depending on your payment method chosen, a customer Service representative may contact you after your order is placed with more information.
- Ordering by Phone: If you would like to place an order over the phone, call one of our customer service representatives at (760) 208-6500. We currently support English and Spanish speaking customers.
- Ordering by Email or Fax: Simply fax (760) 599-3857 or email us with your order request anytime.
Can I use my own FedEx or UPS account to ship my order?
Customers with established relationships with freight forwarders and customs agents are encouraged to provide the necessary contact information at time of order otherwise Amron will choose the carrier. During the check-out process, click on any shipping option, and then add your preferred carrier information to the “comment” box.
Do I need to pay import duty, taxes and customs clearance charges?
All orders shipping outside the United States must be pre-paid in U.S. dollars (unless pre-approved by Amron) and are subject to normal import duty, taxes and customs clearance charges in the destination country. International shipping, duties and taxes are the customer's responsibility; Amron International has no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. Customs policies vary widely from country to country; please contact your local customs office for further information. If a customer refuses a shipment due to duties and taxes, they will be liable for any costs incurred by Amron International.
Are there any Limitations on products shipped internationally?
For products shipped internationally, please note that any manufacturer warranty may not be valid; manufacturer service options may not be available; product manuals, instructions and safety warnings may not be in destination country languages; the products (and accompanying materials) may not be designed in accordance with destination country standards, specifications, and labeling requirements; and the products may not conform to destination country voltage and other electrical standards (requiring use of an adapter or converter if appropriate). You are responsible for assuring that the product can be lawfully imported to the destination country. When ordering from Amron International, the recipient is the importer of record and must comply with all laws and regulations of the destination country.
What are the export policies and restrictions?
Various U.S. Government Departments control regulations that affect shipments outside of the U.S. Certain items cannot be shipped internationally. Please read over the Export Policy and Export Restrictions information here to familiarize yourself with regards to export regulations. Any item that cannot be shipped internationally is detailed on the relevant product page.
Do you accept wire transfer payments?
Amron does accept wire transfers. Fees associated with the wire transfer must be paid by the customer. To obtain wiring instructions please contact a customer service representative (760) 208-6500, Monday –Friday 6am – 5pm PST, or email us. Please include your full name, your Amron customer account number and your order number.
Can you lower the value of the item I purchased or mark it as a gift?
It is a federal violation to falsify customs documents and U.S. law requires that we declare the merchandise purchased with the value that was paid. We cannot lower the value or mark the item as a gift.
Can you ship my international order WITHOUT an invoice?
All orders must include a commercial invoice. The commercial invoice is the official transaction record between the exporter and importer and in most cases, it’s the form that customs officials use to clear your shipment.
How do I return or exchange a product?
It is Amron’s policy to provide the finest quality products and the highest level of customer service. To facilitate an easy and efficient return or exchange experience, please refer to the following guidelines: Bulk and wholesale orders, special order items, non-cancelable / nonreturnable and closeout items cannot be returned unless the items have manufacturing defects.
- Obtain a Return Material Request (RMR) number from Amron’s Repair and Return Coordinator or your Account Manager.
- RMR numbers must be shown on paperwork and containers, otherwise they will not be accepted.
- Products must be returned within thirty (30) calendar days of receipt of shipment in original containers, unused and in sellable condition.
- The customer is responsible for the cost of return shipping,
handling charges, customs duties, and other related costs.
Note: In the case a product is being exchanged, the customer is responsible for all of the above listed costs both ways.
- A 25% restocking fee may apply.
- All sales are final for items listed as non-cancelable / nonreturnable and will not be accepted for return.
Wrap the package securely; we encourage you to re-use your original packing material and shipping carton, and ship to the following address:
Attn: Returns Dept.
1380 Aspen Way
Vista, CA 92081-8349
What happens if I receive a damaged product?
We strive to ensure that every order arrives on time and in good condition. Inspect your order immediately upon receipt to verify that all items have arrived in good condition. If an item arrives in damaged, please take digital photos, save the packing material and shipping carton and notify Amron immediately. All products, packaging, padding, and paperwork must be retained to ensure a proper investigation and damaged shipment claims. If the original packaging, padding and paperwork are not retained, the buyer will assume full responsibility for damages.
Do not return damaged or broken merchandise to Amron unless you receive a return authorization number. All claims for damaged goods or shortages must be made with the carrier within seven days of occurrence. Therefore, if your shipment was insured through Amron, you will need to notify us immediately concerning damaged equipment, packages or misshipments.
What happens with a refused shipment?
Refused shipments may carry a minimum restocking fee of 25%, depending on the product, plus incurred freight and storage costs. Non-cancelable / Non-returnable items will incur a 100% restocking fee.
SLS-POL-005 REV 2.0 Release Date Dec 12th, 2013
- Contact a customer service representative by calling toll free (877) 462-6700 or (760) 208-6500 Monday-Friday, 6am-5pm PST to obtain a return material authorization number. Please do not return any product without an authorization number.
- Complete the Amron repair request form here. Don’t forget to include the RMA number on the top.
- Wrap and pack the item securely and ship to the following address. We suggest that you use a carrier that provides tracking information and insure the item for full replacement value.
ATTN: Repairs Department
1380 Aspen Way
Vista, CA 92081-8349
Amron Manufactured Products
- Amron warrants that its manufactured products are free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service, as described in all literature covering the products for periods specified in Amron’s documentation. Amron’s obligations under this warranty are limited to the repair of, or replacement of materials at Amron’s opinion. This warranty shall not cover defects which are the result of misuse, negligence, accident, repair or alterations.
Amron Distributed Products
- For products not manufactured by Amron, the manufacturer’s warranty is extended to the buyer. Amron expressly limits its guarantees and warranties to those extended and allowed by the manufacturing company. If you need a copy of the manufacturer’s warranty for a product purchased from Amron, please contact your Account Manager or visit the manufacturer’s website for more information. In some cases, you may be able to access the warranty information from the product detail page on www.amronintl.com. Amron will, at its option, either replace the goods sold or refund the purchase price should a product defect be brought to our attention.
SLS-POL-005 REV 2.0 Release Date Dec 12th, 2013