- Communications Module - The EXO-BR is available in 3 different modular communication configurations: No communications (blank module), Bare wire post communications, or the most popular; 4 pin mail waterproof connector (pictured) when a 4 wire "round robin" system is desired (see spares, 315-215). Compatible wireless systems are available through several different manufacturers.
- EXO Skeleton Frame - A strong injection molded plastic external frame gives the head harness an even pull completely around the mask seal. The EXOskeleton does not touch the diver's face. It is suspended just slightly off the face to hold the communication and breathing equipment in place without discomfort.
- EXO-BR Balanced Regulator - CE approved as well as U.S. Navy approved. It meets and surpasses EN 250 requirements for regulator performance.
- Faceplate Lens - Tempered glass for strength and minimum fogging. A strong plastic frame surrounds the glass to seal on the rubber mask seal.
- Head Harness - A pull through fixed buckle type with an automatic locking feature. Quick release buckles are featured on each rugged, double wide strap.
- Mask Seal - Comprises the main rubber body of the mask. It is a soft neoprene that seals comfortably on the diver's face. The EXOskeleton is used to hold this soft rubber seal in place on the diver's face for a solid seal.
- Regulator Adjustment - Provides demand regulator adjustment for a wide range of incoming air pressure. In addition, it can serve as a steady flow valve. Some divers prefer a slight steady flow on surface supplied air when air consumption is not a factor.
- Silicone Oral Nasal Mask - Made of a superior silicone material which is hypo-allergenic and has a longer work life than latex.
- Weight: EXO-BR 4.65 pounds
- Mask Frame: Mask Frame Poly Carbonate
- Lens: Tempered Glass
- Face Seal: Neoprene Blend
- Regulator Body: Noryl®
- Hardware: Stainless Steel & Chromed Brass
- O-Rings: Buna-N
- Spider: Neoprene
- Recommended Lubricants: Christo-Lube®, Dow Corning® MS4 Silicone Lubricant. Krytox® and Halocarbon® are also acceptable.
- Regulator Performance: The Kirby Morgan EXO Balanced Regulator has been CE approved in Europe for scuba use in conjunction with the Kirby Morgan DSI First Stage Regulator and Overpressure Relief Valve.
- Cage Code: The cage code for identifying Kirby Morgan DSI products for U.S. government purposes is 58366.
- CR Standards: These masks meet or exceeds all standards established by Dive Lab of Panama City, Florida, and are CR (Commercially Rated) marked.
- CE Approved: Kirby Morgan EXO-BR masks are CE Approved.
- Operational Specifications and Limitations: The CE approved Kirby Morgan EXO-BR complies with EM 250 (edition May 1993). The EXO-BR has been CE tested for scuba use with the Kirby Morgan DSI SuperFlow first stage regulator. The Kirby Morgan EXO-BR has also been CE tested for surface supplied umbilical diving. Regardless of the mode being employed, all components used with, or in conjunction with the Kirby Morgan EXO-BR must be CE approved.
- Air Supply Pressure: All Kirby Morgan masks and helmets are designed for a maximum working supply pressure of 225 psig (15.5 bar). What this actually means is the gas train components i.e., intermediate supply hose, demand regulator and manifold assemblies are designed to operate at gas supply pressures of up to 225 psig (15.5 bar) above the surrounding ambient pressure.
The regulator adjustment knob is capable of holding back this pressure, with a little bias in reserve. This is so the professional working diver can adapt the helmet or mask to various types of supply systems found on dive stations throughout the world. It is not the intention that the mask or the helmet be normally operated at the high end pressure 225 psig. The normal maximum supply pressure to the Kirby Morgan EXO-26 BR should be dictated by the depth and selected in accordance with the specification lists for the mode of diving being employed.
- Manual EXO® 26, All Models
- EXO-26 Balanced Regulator Full Face Mask User Guide - Part # 100-131
- Big Bore (5/16 in.) Scuba Hose, LP, 29 in. - Part # 255-050
- Hi Flow Air Inlet Swivel - Part # 305-017
- Over Pressure Relief Valve - Part # 200-017
- Standard Scuba Hose, LP, 26” - Part # 355-026
- EXO BR Tool Kit with Pouch - Part# 325-630
The Kirby Morgan EXO-BR Full Face Mask with No Communications was designed for both surface supplied as well as scuba diving! By enclosing the diver's eyes, nose and mouth, the Kirby Morgan EXO permits nearly normal speech when used in conjunction with most wireless, and all hardwire underwater communication systems. The Kirby Morgan EXO Mask's light weight design allows divers to work long dives without jaw or neck fatigue. This Kirby Morgan EXO dive mask has a modular communications design that permits rapid and simple maintenance. An optional Kirby Morgan Hard Shell gives added surfaces for mounting lights, cameras etc. The ear equalization device, the Kirby Morgan Nose Block which is adjustable to several different heights, fits a wide variety of noses and faces. The Kirby Morgan Oral Nasal helps keep the CO2 levels to a minimum and improves breathing and communications.
The Kirby Morgan Balanced Regulator EXO-BR was developed to meet strict new European CE requirements and is fully CE approved as well as U.S. Navy approved. This Kirby Morgan Dive Regulator meets and surpasses EN 250 requirements for regulator performance. The Kirby Morgan EXO-BR frame is the same safety yellow as the standard Kirby Morgan SuperLite Helmets and Kirby Morgan 18 and 28B Bandmasks.
The Kirby Morgan EXO-BR Balanced Regulator helps reduce the work of breathing for the diver. The regulator balances the intermediate air pressure against the valve sealing pressure inside the regulator. This enables the regulator to instantly adjust to changes in line pressure. The Kirby Morgan Balanced Regulator provides improved breathing and is adjustable for a wide range of intermediate pressures between 100 PSI - 230 PSI.
* Please reference the Accessories and Parts categories in the left hand column for all accessories and parts associated with the Kirby Morgan EXO-BR Full Face Masks with No Communications. Click on the EXO-BR and then the EXO-BR with No Communications category and the Accessories and Parts categories will appear beneath it.
* Please reference the printable "Kirby Morgan EXO-BR Parts Breakout" List in the Attachments tab.
Brand Kirby Morgan Video N/A
Do I need to use a Kirby Morgan Manifold Block Assembly with my EXO-BR mask?
Yes, when diving on surface supplied air, the diver requires a one-way valve to prevent the loss of air flow out of the mask in the event of a sudden lose of air pressure do to an accidental break in the air hose or fitting. Do not ever dive in surface supplied mode without a one-way check valve. The Manifold also allows for the diver’s bailout system to be attached to the breathing system.
What do I need so I can use my OTS wireless communication system with the EXO-BR mask?
If we assume you are using the SSB-2010 Diver’s Through-Water Transceiver, then you would need to install an EMA-2B Earphone/Microphone assembly on your EX0-BR mask. You would then connect the EMA-2B HI-USE Connector to your SSB-2010 transceiver. Once everything is connected and turned on, you should be able to communicate with the surface.
How do I connect my bailout bottle to the EXO 26 Full Face Mask?When using the EXO in surface supplied mode, the manufacturer recommends using a Kirby Morgan Diver’s Manifold Block. The manifold block has a one way valve that the umbilical attached to, an emergency valve that the bailout system would attach too and low pressure ports for attaching the mask hose, dry suit inflators, and other accessories.