- Maximum visibility during discharge
- Easy to recharge and maintain
- Leaves no powder residue
- Stored Pressure Design
- Polished Stainless Steel Cylinders
- All Metal Valve Construction
- Large Loop Stainless Steel Pull Pin
- Exclusive crevice free, butt welded cylinders
Model 240H Hyperbaric Water Based Fire Extinguisher: Part Number Model-240H Includes:
- Fill Adapter
- Wall Hanger
- Owner's Manual
- Water Capacity: 2.5 gal. (9.5 liters)
- Maximum Pressure: 200 psi (13.8 bar)
- Maximum Depth: 225 FSW
- Range: 45 – 55 ft.
- Discharge Time: 55 seconds
- Dimensions: 24.5 in. H X 9 in. W X 7 in. D (62.2 cm X 22.8 cm X 17.8 cm)
- Empty Weight: 7.50 lbs. (3.40 kg)
- Temperature Range: 40°F to 120°F (4°C to 49°C)
- Relief Valve
- Outlet relief pressure: 425 PSI
- Inlet relief pressure: 3 PSI (If the fire extinguisher is empty and placed in a chamber, this valve will let pressure in from the environment into the fire extinguisher)
Conforms to Test Standards:
- CAN/ULC-S507 - ANSI/UL626
- CAN/ULC-S508 - ANSI/UL711
- Designed for use in manned pressure vessels/hyperbaric chambers
- Suitable for use in chambers simulating 225 ft. (depth)
Amerex Model-240H Hyperbaric Water Based Fire Extinguisher is designed for the pressures and confines of a hyperbaric chamber. The Model-240 comes with a fill adaptor and has been fully tested and approved for use in all U.S. Navy standard double lock chambers.
In actual operation, the Amerex Model-240H Hyperbaric Water Based Fire Extinguisher is filled with potable water and then pressurized to 200 psig. The unit comes complete with a fill valve, pressure gauge and two safety valves to prevent over and under pressurization. The Model-240H can be used in a chamber pressurized to a maximum depth of 225 FSW. If the unit is activated at the maximum depth, and held until the water is exhausted, the pressure inside the extinguisher will equal the chamber pressure. With the chamber and extinguisher at equilibrium, the fire extinguisher cannot implode or crush.
Brand Amerex Video No
Does the MODEL-240 Fire Extinguisher require any maintenance?
Yes, inspect monthly or at more frequent intervals when circumstances require. Make sure the hose and nozzle are unobstructed. Gauge pressure must be in operable range 0-200 PSIG. Lockpin must be in place. A visual inspection should be preformed annually and a hydrostatic test preformed every 5 years. Fire extinguisher laws vary in different regions of the world please check the laws that govern your area.
Has the Model-240 Fire Extinguisher been classified by ABS, Lloyds, DNV, Germanischer Lloyd, or any other classifying agency?
No. However, it was tested and approved for use by the U.S. Navy.
Where on the cylinder can I find the date the tank was originally hydrostatically tested?Per the manufacturer, the manufacture date (year only) is located on the lower right side of the large instructions label on the center of the tank. Your fire extinguisher should be hydrostatically tested every 5 years. Fire extinguisher laws vary in different regions of the world so please check the laws that govern your area.
Shouldn’t there be a month and year of manufacture on my fire extinguisher’s name plate?No. The rules and regulations that govern this product only state there has to be a year of manufacture. When hydrostatically testing your tank you have until December 31 of the year the hydrostatic test is due to hydro your tank.