- Brilliant "White Light" Illumination
- Small Size (3 in. Diameter)
- Customizable Lamp, Lens and Mount Options
- Choice of 120 or 240 volt use (AC or DC)
- 30-Second Tool-Free Relamping, and Very Easy Maintenance
- Tungsten-Halogen, Commercially-Available Lamps
- No Warm-Up Time; No Ballast Needed
- Commercial-Grade Class A GFCI (ELCB) Compatibility
What You'll Need
- The XT120 light itself (which includes the mounting yoke assembly and your choice of lamp and lens)
- The Power Cable Assembly (Model CEF3S16-xxx, where "-xxx" is the length in feet). Not included & must be ordered seperately. Power cable assembly includes standard cable connector, stainless steel cable locking sleeve (63A-003) and heavy-duty Hubbell plug installed, on 16/3 Aquaprene or Super Vutron cable. (Note: the plug is not included on lengths shorter than 20 feet.) The Power Cable Assembly is available in unbroken lengths up to 1,000 feet. Cables are made to your order, so you can get any cable length that you wish. Special configurations are also available.
- Lamp: Many different lamps are available for the XT120. Please see the Lamp Options table 'A' below for details of the most popular choices.
- Lens: Six different lenses are available for different applications. Please see the Lens OptionsTable 'B' below for details.
- Mount: Various mounting options are available for different applications. Please see the Mount Options table 'C' below for details.
Lamp Options Table 'A' : Unless specified otherwise, the default "standard" lamp installed in the XT120 is 32B-004 (120v/250w). All XT120 Lamps operate well on AC or DC.
Lamp Part No. Volts Watts Color (K) Output (Lumens) Rated Life (Hours) BIR-32B-002 120 100 2,850 1,800 750 BIR-32B-003 120 150 2,900 2,800 2,000 BIR-32B-004 120 250 3,000 5,000 2,000 BIR-32B-016 240 100 2,700 1,200 1,300 BIR-32B-015 240 150 2,800 2,300 1,300 BIR-32B-017 240 250 2,900 4,200 2,000
Lens Options Table 'B' Changing the lens is very quick and simple, so it's easy to keep various lenses on hand for different jobs.
Lens Part No. Benefit Application Clear BIR-35A-007 Greatest Light Output General illumination Clear, Deep BIR-35A-008 Greatest Light Output General illumination;
Frosted BIR-35A-009 Diffuses Light Beam Excellent for Video or Film Frosted, Deep BIR-35A-010 Diffuses Light Beam Video or Film;
Blue BIR-35A-011 Matches Color Temperature
of Daylight (5000 K)
Reduces Backscatter in Murky Water;
Good for Color Filming
Blue-Frosted BIR-35A-012 Diffuses Light Output and
Increases Color to 5000 K
Excellent for Color Filming, or
Filming or Videotaping in Murky Water
Mount Options Table 'C' Changing the mount is very quick and simple, so it's easy to keep various mounts on hand for different jobs.
Mount Part No. Application Stainless Steel Yoke Assembly BIR-44A-006 General Purpose Yoke-Mounting Handgrip Assembly BIR-44B-001 Hand-Held; Leaves Hand Available for Work Helmet Mount, Superlite BIR-44C-003 Excellent for Helmet Mounting on
The Birns XT120 Directional Light Model 5651 cuts operating costs. Its light weight and hydrodynamic design reduce drag. Its solderless connections eliminate maintenance, and its 30-second relamping time (from either front or rear, without removal from the vehicle) decreases servicing.
The XT120 gives you more light with a frosted lens. The XT120 produces a uniform 74º beam without 'hot-spots', twice that of open-reflector luminaries using the same lamp. The XT120 with a clear lens installed produces three times the open-reflector output. The XT120's aluminized parabolic internal reflector will never discolor, and dirty water will never decrease its efficiency. And yet the XT120 is safe. The XT120 housing is earthed. It is dielectric to 500 volts, and due to its design and all-metal construction, it will withstand hard knocks and blows without breaking or flooding. You can buy a cheaper light than the XT120, but you cannot buy a more cost-effective light.
For underwater lights that make all others obsolete, use the lighting experts, Birns.
The Birns XT120 is a small (3 in. diameter) directional light, providing brilliant illumination for vehicle or camera work. It comes complete with mounting yoke assembly and your choice of lamp and lens. Mates to CEF3S power cable assembly.
For XT120 Configurations not listed in the pull down menu and Spare Parts not found below under the "Parts Tab", please contact Amron International to inquire about these items and to receive a quote.
Brand Birns Video No
Which power cable do I need to order for my XT 120 Directional Light?
The XT 120 Directional Light requires power cable part number CEF3S16-xxx ("-xxx" is the length in feet). The power cable assembly includes standard cable connector, stainless steel cable locking sleeve (63A-003) and heavy-duty Hubbell plug installed, on 16/3 Aquaprene or Super Vutron cable. (Note: the plug is not included on lengths shorter than 20 feet.) The power cable assembly is available in unbroken lengths up to 1,000 feet. Cables are made to your order, so you can get any cable length that you wish. Special configurations are also available.