- Manual or oral inflation
- Halkey-Roberts manual inflator mechanism with green readiness indicator
- Heavy-duty 1½ in. adjustable waist belt and 1 in. torso slide straps for a custom fit
- D-ring on pouch exterior for keys or a small tool
- Adjustable tie straps to secure inflatable chamber in place
- Easy to rearm and repack after use
- Lightweight and compact design allows unimpaired movement
- User inflates PFD by pulling activation cord
- Provides 35 lbs. buoyancy when inflated and fully donned (correctly pulled over the head)
Specifically designed for easy and quick deployment for duties where there is an inherent risk of immersion, this Pouch-Type Abandon Ship Life Preserver combines an ergonomic design with immersion hazards protection standards. Exclusively developed to be compatible with standard Navy work suits and uniforms, this life preserver is extremely lightweight, compact, and comfortable.
Constructed from exceptionally strong radio frequency welded 200-denier polyurethane coated nylon, the U.S. Navy Abandon Ship Pouch-Type Life Preserver comes equipped with a buddy line and a ACR® Fire Fly III strobe light, as well as a whistle that can be used to attract the attention of rescuers. The strobe light easily mounts via a Velcro patch on the bladder located on both shoulders.
Weighing less than 2 pounds and possessing an open design that allows the wearer to effortlessly perform duties without being encumbered, this life preserver easily packs into a compact case that fits around the wearer's waist. When the vest is properly donned and fully inflated, it provides 35 pounds of buoyancy that is sufficient to self-right a face down person in seconds.
This item and its accessories are available through NSN and is made by multiple vendors.
A CO2 cartridge is available, see Parts Tab for details.
Brand Stearns Video No