- 67 square inches of reflective tape: 30 square inches on front, and 37 square inches on back
- Waist belt with YKK® buckle for a secure fit in and out of the water, belt tunnel to reduce snagging
- Fall protection harness opening on the back to accommodate most fall protection gear, reinforced 3 in. x 1 in. opening
- Velcro® patch on left shoulder to hold strobe light in place away from the eyes
- Two 5-1/4 in. x 4-1/4 in. equipment pockets on left side
- Made with fire retardant 88% Cotton, 12% high tenacity nylon, rugged twill outer shell
- Pockets feature full 1 in. x 5 in. Velcro® closures
- Top pocket is partitioned to hold strobe light and whistle, bottom pocket designed for added personal gear
- Heavy-duty Vislon® zipper with safety webbing across zipper to minimize snagging and hold vest closed
- 1 in. waist belt with YKK® buckle, enclosed belt tunnel to reduce snagging
MK1 Inflatable Vest Includes:
- Outer Shell
- Inflatable Bladder
- CO2 Cartridge
- Personal Strobe Light
- Sea Dye Marker
- Stearns MK1 Vests no longer include the Auto Inflator
- Stearns Chemical Replacement Pills For Secumatic 3001S (P/N: I701SPI-00-NAV) are REQUIRED to auto-inflate the MK1 Vests
- Stearns I701 Chemical Pill Inflator - Secumatic 3001 (P/N: I701KIT-00-NAV) is REQUIRED to auto-inflate the MK1 Vests
- The best way to care for the MK1 Inflatable Vest is to hand wash it with mild detergent in warm water
- Do not use any solvent based detergents
- Do not dry clean
Size Chest (Inches) Chest (cm) Small 36-38 in. 91-97cm Medium 40-42 in. 102-107cm Large 44-46 in. 112-117cm X-Large 48-50 in. 122-127cm 2X-Large 52-54 in. 132-138cm
The Stearns MK1 Inflatable Vest is designed to meet the Naval Sea Systems Command requirements for a durable and reliable shipboard life preserver. They are made in accordance to select requirements of Underwriters Laboratories Standard UL1180.
Constructed of a flame resistant, breathable fabric, the MK1 can be worn comfortably for extended periods of time. The lightweight vest design allows a full range of motion in the performance of duties. It is available in a number of colors, denoting the wearer's onboard duties, as per the US Navy's identification requirements.
Bright silver 3M Scotchlite™ reflective tape is added to the shoulders and back for improved wearer visibility and an emergency light (included in the Complete version) may be attached to the Velcro™ patch above the pocket. The bladder is constructed of RF (radio frequency) welded polyurethane coated nylon. This vest-type life preserver was developed for the US Navy's flight deck personnel based on the well-established Mark I.
Complete Package Includes: Outershell, Inflatable Bladder, CO2 Cartridge, Personal Strobe Light, Whistle and Sea Dye Marker.
NOTE: The MK1 Vests no longer include the Auto Inflator.
The best way to care for the MK1 Inflatable Vest is to hand wash it with a mild detergent in warm water. Do not use any solvent based detergents and do not dry clean.
The MK1 Inflatable Vest - Complete is available from Amron International on GSA Advantage and DOD Emall.
Brand Stearns Video No
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
List Price: $62.99$48.44
List Price: $24.99$19.22