- Adjustable impact intensity
- Lever-type forward/reverse spool to increase operator efficiency
- Large “D” handle for gloved operation
- Feathering On/Off Valve allow the underwater operator to control the amount of energy to the tool
- Swing hammer mechanism provides easy servicing and reduces the transmission of torque to the operator
- Assist handle
Hose whips Part Number 01652 (2 required) and quick disconnect couplers Part Number 03971 are sold separately.
- User Manual
IW1635001 (CE version) Includes
- Quick Disconnect Face Coupler: Part Number 03971
- User Manual
- Input Flow Range: 7 - 12 GPM (26 - 45 LPM)
- Input Pressure: 1500 - 2000 PSI (105 - 140 bar)
- Capacity: 1 in. Square Drive
- Torque Range: 500 - 2500 ft-lb (680 - 3400 Nm)
- Weight: 26 lbs (12 kg)
- Dimensions: 14.5 in. L x 4.5 in. W (37 cm L x 11 cm W)
- Connect Size and Type: 3/8 in. Adaptor to -8 SAE Port
The Stanley Hydraulic Underwater Impact Wrench IW16 is an underwater hydraulic wrench which produces up to 2500 ft. lbs. (3400 Nm) of impact torque. The Stanley Hydrauic Underwater Impact Wrench IW16 is used by commercial divers for underwater nut, bolt, and anchor bolt driving and other medium to heavy duty applications.
Hose whips and couplers are sold separately for the Stanley Hydraulic Underwater Impact Wrench part number IW16350.
Adjustable Impact Intensity of the Stanley Hydraulic Underwater Impact Wrench IW16 makes it ideal for a wide range of uses by the commercial diver. Rugged Swing-Hammer impact mechanism provides easy servicing for reduced maintenance costs and greatly reduces the transmission of torque to the commercial diver reducing fatigue through repetitive tool operation.
The Stanley Hydraulic IW16 Underwater Impact Wrench also features a large "D" Handle and Feathering On/Off Valve allow the commercial diver to control the amount of energy to the underwater tool, providing more control and ease of handling. Standard Reversing Valve provides instant changeover from forward to reverse, increasing commercial diver efficiency.
*Please reference the DOCUMENTS tab for downloadable and printable files on this underwater tool. Available files for download are listed below:
- IW16 Accessories
- IW16 Users Manual
- IW16 Blowapart and Key
*Please see PARTS tab on this webpage for the list of parts associated with this underwater tool.
Brand Stanley Tools Video N/A
How do I set the torque on my Hydraulic Underwater Impact Wrench IW16?Stanley Impact Wrenches are not considered torque wrenches. You can adjust the tool close to a set torque, but it won't be exact. Please refer to your service manual for instructions on adjusting the "Impact Intensity Adjustment".
Will my tool operate if I use a lower flow rate than what would be considered optimum for the tool to operate?Yes, most tools have an optimal flow range, as long as the gallons per minute delivered to the tool is within this range the tool will work. However, please be award that the tool will run at a slower speed based on the flow rated delivered to the tool. Basically, the lower the gallons per minute the slower the tool will run.