- Uses ultrasonic upper single sideband for transmission
- Voice guided menu with volume adjustment and channel A/B option or continuous voice transmission mode
- Used primarily with Search and Rescue Teams and Military Commands but the sport and movie industry are quickly standardizing on it
- Configured to be installed on Interspiro/AGA® full face masks
- U.S. Navy Approved
OTS MKII-BUD Buddy Phone® D2 Specifications
MKII BUD/S Compatibility ChartXT-100 Buddy Phone®RX-100 Buddy Phone®XT-100-H Buddy Phone®Interspiro (AGA) Full Face MasksSCU-BUD/S Buddy Phone®SSB-2010 Aquacom®TEC-BUD Buddy Phone®SP-100D-2 Buddy Phone2®SSB-2000/1 Aquacom®SSB-1001B Aquacom®STX-101/M Aquacom®SSB-2001B Aquacom®
- Nominal Range: 50 to 500 m depending on Sea Conditions and noise levels
- Reference Frequency: 32.768 kHz upper single sideband
- Audio Bandwidth: 300 Hz to 3,000 Hz
- Auto. Gain Control: Greater than 80 dB
- Earphone: Ceramic with dynamic depth compensation
- Microphone: Dynamic noise cancelling and waterproof
- Transducer: Ceramic cylinder
- Acoustic Power: 1/2 Watts (PEP)
- Battery Type: Alkaline 9V type, or OTS energy NiMH 9.6V Rechargeable (RBN-9H)
- Operating Depth: 130 FSW
- Weight in Air: 8.1 oz. (229.64 g)
The Ocean Technology Systems (OTS) Buddy Phone® D2 is a digital, micro-miniature, ultrasonic transceiver allowing communication between two or more scuba divers or surface stations. Using "Digital Signal Processing" (DSP) techniques, the OTS Buddy Phone produces uncompromising speech clarity. The OTS Buddy Phone® D2 differs from their standard Buddy Phone in that it is digitally controlled and has some fantastic new features such as: a voice menu to guide you adjust your volume, ability to change from channel A to channel B or put the Buddy Phone in a continuous voice transmission mode.
MKII-BUD Buddy Phone® D2 Phone Voice Menu: When you submerge with a OTS D2 Buddy Phone, you will hear the voice system say “Buddy Phone ON, frequency A (B), channel one (four), volume High (Medium, Low),” depending on the prior dive’s settings. Changing a setting is easy and can be done while underwater. Depress the Push-to-talk switch (PTT) three times quickly and hold the third depression until you hear “main menu - volume, channel, continuous transmit.” When you hear the main menu selections, simply depress the PTT to select one of the choices. The unit will make the selection and go back to the receive mode. If you don’t make a selection after the menu repeats twice, the D2 Buddy Phone goes out of the main selection menu and back to the receive mode (see operators manual for a more detail explanation)(note: continuous transmit mode allows the user to talk, hands free. This was requested by many movie makers and scientists who talk on camera often). All in all, this OTS D2 Buddy Phone is State-of-the-Art and OTS technology at it’s best.
An optional receive only unit, the RX-100-D2-A, is also available and can be installed on virtually any "standard" half-mask to allow the diver to hear communications from another diver or topside.
The Buddy Phone® D2 is compatible with all OTS through water communications system (surface and diver) and operates on Channel 1. Please see the OVERVIEW tab for all compatible communication systems.
Brand OTS Communication Mode No Video No