- High quality masks and have been field proven by Government, Military, Commercial & Public Safety Teams around the world
- Mask tested by the U.S. Navy Experimental Diving Unit (NEDU) and are Approved for Naval use
- Uncompromising speech clarity
- Voice menu to guide you adjust your Volume, change from channel A to Channel B or put the Buddy Phone in a continuous voice transmission mode
- Nominal Range: 50 to 500 meters depending on sea conditions & noise levels
- Transmission Type: Ultrasound using upper single sideband (USB)
- Tranmit Output Power: 0.5 watts PEP
- Standard Frequency (PEP):
- Recall & tone: Freq. A (Channel 1): 32.768 kHz USB
- Freq. B (Channel 4): 31.250 kHz
- Auto Bandwidth: 300 to 3,000 Hz
- Automatic Gain Control: Greater than 80 dB
- Earphone: Ceramic
- Micrphone: ME-16R Hot-Mic (Dynamic) or Super Mic (Standard)(Ceramic)
- Transducer: Ceramic cylinder
- Battery Type: Alkaline 9V. Batteries not included
- Maximum Operating Depth: 130 feet in sea water (fsw)
- Weight in Air: 8.1 oz
The Interspiro line of diving full-face masks (FFMs) are high quality masks and have been field proven by Government, Military, Commercial & Public Safety Teams around the world. The FFMs are primarily used with SCUBA, but are often utilized with surface supplied gas as well as rebreathers.
The Divator II has been tested by Duke University to 1,800 feet (unmanned test) and found to be extremely reliable. Many Professional Divers around the world choose the AGA FFM. With the addition of our OTS Ambient Breathing Valve® (ABV-1), standby divers as well as divers on the surface can effortlessly conserve their gas supplies by breathing surrounding air through the ABV®.
All the Interspiro full face masks listed above have been tested by the U.S. Navy Experimental Diving Unit (NEDU) and are Approved for Naval use.
The Buddy Phone® D2 is a digital, micro-miniature, ultrasonic transceiver allowing communication between two or more scuba divers or surface stations. Using "Digital Signal Processing" (DSP) techniques, the Buddy Phone produces uncompromising speech clarity.The Buddy Phone® D2 differs from our standard Buddy Phone in that it is digitally controlled and has some fantastic new features such as: a voice menu to guide you adjust your Volume, change from channel A to Channel B or put the Buddy Phone in a continuous voice transmission mode.
Voice Menu: When you submerge with a D2 Buddy Phone, you will hear the voice system say "Buddy Phone ON, frequency A (B), channel one (four), volume High (Medium, Low)," depending on the prior dive's settings. Changing a setting is easy and can be done while underwater. Depress the Push-to-talk switch (PTT) three times quickly and hold the third depression until you hear "main menu - volume, channel, continuous transmit." When you hear the main menu selections, simply depress the PTT to select one of the choices. The unit will make the selection and go back to the receive mode. If you don't make a selection after the menu repeats twice, the D2 Buddy Phone goes out of the main selection menu and back to the receive mode (see operators manual for a more detailed explanation--note: continuous transmit mode allows the user to talk, hands free. This was requested by many movie makers and scientists who often talk on camera).
In all, this D2 Buddy Phone is State-of-the-Art and OTS technology at its best.
Brand OTS Communication Mode No Video No