- Depth Gauge/Pneumo Systems - Dual reading gauges are accurate to + 1/4 of 1% of scale, continuously monitoring the diver's depths from 0-250 FSW (0-78 MSW). Maximum recommended user depth: 130 FSW.
- Depth Monitoring/Pnemo Knob - Used to meter the flow of air used for depth measurement.
- High Pressure (HP) Supply Gauges - Directly monitors the pressure in each of the air supply cylinders.
- High Pressure Air Supply Yokes - High Pressure Air Supply Yokes with DIN fittings. Each yoke has a bleeder valve for rapid cylinder changing. H. P. Supply Max. 4500 P.S.I. (300 Bars).
- Low Pressure Air Supply Fitting - Allows a low pressure compressor to be used as the primary air source. Low Pressure Supply Max. 225 P.S.I.
- Regulator Adjustment Knob - Controls the air pressure delivered to the diver's umbilical. Variable pressure settings from 115 P.S.I. to 225 P.S.I. are obtainable.
- Selector Valve Handle - Used to choose either one of the air supply cylinders. Individual cylinders may be changed out with no interruption of the dive.
- Shut Off Valve - Controls the air supply to both divers. When the valve handle is up (vertical) the valve is open. When the valve handle is down (horizontal) the valve is closed.
- Stainless Steel Air Outlet Fittings - Connect the diver's air supply hose and depth monitoring/pneumo hose to the KMACS, providing a strong, reliable, corrosion resistant connection. Shut-off valves allow the isolation of one diver's air supply from the other.
- Umbilical Pressure Gauge - Provides a constant reading of the pressure in the diver's umbilical. The scale on the gauge is 0-300 P.S.I. (0-20 Bar). Recommended umbilical pressure range 150-225 P.S.I.
- Weight: 57 lbs.
- Dimensions: 21 in. L x 17.5 in. H
- Use: For surface supplied air diving only. Pure oxygen MUST NOT be used. Compressed air from high pressure tanks (scuba or other types of compressed air tanks), or from a compressor should be the only supply to the KMACS 5.
- Recommended Maximum Dive Support Depth: 130 fsw (feet of sea water) (40 meters)
- High Pressure Supply Maximum:
- 3500 psi (240 bars) using the DIN fitting
- 3000 psi (200 bars) using the yoke
- Low Pressure Supply Pressure Maximum: 225 pounds per square inch. (15.5 bars)
- Umbilical Pressure Range: 115-225 pounds per square inch. (8-15.5 bars)
- Regulator Output: 40 SCFM at 2500 psi (172 bars) supply pressure with 150 psi (10.3 bars) delivery pressure
- Relief Valve: Set at 300 psi (20.7 bars)
- Pneumo Fathometer Range: 0-250 FSW (feet of sea water) (0-76 meters)
- Communicator: 4 Wire System (Can also be used in 2 wire mode.)
- Battery Type Rechargeable, 12 volt system
- Battery Performance: 20 hours of continuous use between charges in 4 wire mode
- Charger: Will accept external 12 volt source
- Communicator Power Output: 8 watts
- Communicator Frequency Response: 600 to 12,000 HZ
- Remote Operation Capability: Yes, with optional unit
- Direct Recording Capability: Yes
- Low Pressure Inlet: #8 JIC Male
- Diver's Air Outlet: #6 JIC Male
- Diver's Pneumo Outlet: #4 JIC Male
The Kirby Morgan KMACS 5 2-Diver Air Control System with Communications controls the diver's air supply, communications and monitors the diver's depth. It allows two divers clear push-to-talk (two wire) or round robin (four wire) communications. Also available is the Kirby Morgan KMACS Air Control System 5 without Communicator.
The air supply can be from either a low pressure compressor or high-pressure cylinders. The KMACS 5's adjustable first stage regulator reduces the high-pressure air and supplies low pressure through the umbilical to the diver's breathing system. High pressure yokes with DIN adapters permit U.S. standard scuba cylinders or DIN valve cylinders to be used. A low pressure air supply fitting allows for a L.P. compressor to be used as the primary air source.
A complete pneumo system with dual reading gauges (both US Standard and Metric) is provided for each diver, as well as a shut-off/bleed system that uses two high-pressure feed lines which allows changing of used cylinders without interruption of the diving operation. Shut off valves allow the isolation of each diver's air supply.
The Communication Set is a multipurpose intercommunication system that provides reliable and clear communications between a topside operator (tender) and one or more surface-supported divers, diving bells, personnel transfer capsules (PTC)s, recompression chambers, or other submersible systems. The lightweight, high impact polyethylene plastic case features double wall construction and extra thick corners that ensure exceptional strength and a long work life. An O-ring seal protects hardware from moisture when the case is closed. All latches are stainless steel for maximum work life.
Brand Kirby Morgan Communications Yes Video No
How do I determine if I need to upgrade my KMACS-5 with the high pressure upgrade kit part number 425-121?
If the tubing connected to your high pressure inlet gauge is made of copper then Kirby Morgan recommends having your KMACS-5 upgraded using the High Pressure Upgrade Kit part number 425-121. The kit replaces the copper tubing with stainless steel tubing.
Can I change the #4 JIC pneumo outlet fittings on the KMAC5 to an Oxygen fitting?No. Due to the unique configuration of the air outlets, and their mate up with the air control manifold, Kirby Morgan does not recommend changing this fitting.
What is the max operating depth of the KMACS5?
Maximum recommended user depth: 130 FSW / 40 MSW.
Do the high pressure air supply whips used on the KMACS5 come with DIN adapters?Yes, the high pressure whip assemble has a yoke / DIN connection. The user would simply remove the spin on yoke adapter to expose the DIN connection.