- The Communication Set is a multipurpose intercommunication system that provides reliable and clear hardwire diver communications.
- Depth Gauge/Pneumo Systems: Dual reading gauges are accurate to + 1/4 of 1% of scale, continuously monitoring the diver's depths from 0-250 FSW (0-78 MSW). Maximum recommended user depth: 130 FSW. Depth Monitoring/Pneumo Knob is used to meter the flow of air used for depth measurement.
- Stainless Steel Air Outlets fittings connect the diver's air supply hose and depth monitoring/pneumo hose to the Kirby Morgan Air Control System 5 (KMACS 5), providing a strong, reliable, corrosion resistant connection. Shut-off valves allow the isolation of one commercial diver's air supply from the other.
- Regulator Adjustment Knob controls the air pressure delivered to the commercial diver's umbilical. Variable pressure settings from 115 P.S.I. to 225 P.S.I. are obtainable.
- Selector Valve Handle is used to choose either one of the air supply cylinders. Individual cylinders may be changed out with no interruption of the dive.
- High Pressure (HP) Supply Gauges directly monitor the pressure in each of the air supply cylinders.
- Low pressure Air Supply Fitting allows a low pressure air compressor to be used as the primary air source. Low Pressure Supply Max. 225 P.S.I.
- Umbilical Pressure Gauge provides a constant reading of the pressure in the commercial diver's umbilical. The scale on the gauge is 0-300 P.S.I. (0-20 Bar). Recommended umbilical pressure range 150-225 P.S.I.
- High Pressure Air Supply Yokes with DIN fittings. Each yoke has a bleeder valve for rapid cylinder changing. H. P. Supply Max. 4500 P.S.I. (300 Bars )
- High Pressure Supply: 3500 psi (240 bar) using the DIN fitting
- Pressure Recommended Maximum: 3000 psi (200 bar) using the yoke
- Low Pressure Supply Pressure Maximum: 250 psi (15.5 bar)
- Recommended Maximum Dive Support Depth: 130 FSW (ft. of sea water)(40 meters)
- Umbilical Pressure Range: 115-225 psi (8-15.5 bar)
- Regulator Output: 40 SCFM at 2500 psi (172 bar) supply pressure with 150 psi (10.3 bar) delivery pressure
- Relief Valve: Set at 300 psi (20.7 bar)
- Communicator: 4-wire system, can also be used in 2-wire mode
- Battery Type: Rechargeable, 12 volt system
- Battery Performance: 20 hours of continuous use between charges in 4-wire mode
- Charger Will accept external 12 volt source
- Communicator Power Output: 20 watts
- Communicator Frequency Response: 600 to 12,000 Hz
- Direct Recording Capability: Yes
- Weight: 54 lb (24.5 kg)
- Shipping Weight: 60 lbs (27 kg)
- Dimensions: 21 in. W x 18 in. D x 11-1/2 in. H
- KMACS-5 Manual - Part #: 100-075
- Two Diver Air Intercom User Guide - Part #: 100-400
- Battery Charger Assembly - Part #: 415-030
The KMACS 5 controls the diver's air supply, communications and monitors the diver's depth. It allows two divers clear push-to-talk (two wire) or round robin (four wire) communications. The KMACS 5 is also available without communications.
The air supply can be either from a low pressure compressor or high-pressure cylinders. The KMACS 5's adjustable first stage regulator reduces the high-pressure air and supplies low pressure through the umbilical to the diver's breathing system. High pressure yokes with DIN adapters permit U.S. standard scuba cylinders or DIN valve cylinders to be used. A low pressure air supply fitting allows for a L.P. compressor to be used as the primary air source.
A complete pneumo system with dual reading gauges (both US Standard and Metric) is provided for each diver, as well as a shut-off/bleed system that uses two high-pressure feed lines which allows changing of used cylinders without interruption of the diving operation. Shut off valves allow the isolation of each diver's air supply. The Communication Set is a multipurpose intercommunication system that provides reliable and clear communications between a topside operator (tender) and one or more surface-supported divers, diving bells, personnel transfer capsules (PTC)s, recompression chambers, or other submersible systems.The lightweight, high impact polyethylene plastic case features double wall construction and extra thick corners ensure exceptional strength and a long work life. An O-ring seal protects hardware from moisture when the case is closed. All latches are stainless steel for maximum work life.
Brand Kirby Morgan Video No
What type of fitting is used on the umbilical outlet fitting?
Male #6 JIC (3/8 in., 37°)
What is the max operating depth of the KMACS5?
Maximum recommended user depth: 130 FSW / 40 MSW.
Should I use a GFI when operating my radio off AC power?
When operating your Amron Diver Communicator on AC, it is critical to use a Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI) or isolation transformer for tender and diver safety. Surges and spikes are common on AC lines found on ships, generated locally, or at the end of long extension cable runs and can exceed 1kVolt. Such surges and spikes can cause the fuses, F1 and F2, to blow on the battery charger board and in extreme cases damage the charger circuitry. The battery charger is designed so that such a failure will be isolated and will not cause a safety issue to the tender or divers. It is strongly advised that your Amron Diver Communicator be operated on an AC circuit with a high quality surge arrester or an AC isolation transformer.
How can I test for a blown fuse on my Amcom II series communicator?
If the unit is plugged into a live outlet and turning on the switch does not cause the AC POWER LED to light up, then the fuse(s) are probably blown. Unplug the unit from the outlet, remove the fuses and check continuity with a multimeter. Replace any fuse that does not show continuity.