- Air Train - The air train diffuses incoming breathing air/gas onto the face port/lens to defog and ventilate.
- Communications - Communications are “non-modular” (like the SuperLite 17B helmet). When ordered with male waterproof connector (for 4 wire communications), the mask also includes bare wire posts. When ordered with bare wire posts (for 2 wire communications), the port for the mwp connector is plugged.
- Defogging Steady Flow Valve - Provides an additional flow of gas into the helmet for ventilation and defogging.
- Emergency (EGS) Valve - Supplies backup breathing gas to the diver.
- Gas Supply Non-Return Valve - Prevents loss of gas pressure in the event of umbilical damage, preventing a "squeeze".
- Head Harness (Spider) - Keeps the mask in place on the divers head. The neoprene rubber spider has adjustment holes for varying the tension of the harness.
- Nose Block Device - Allows the diver to block the nose to equalize ears.
- Side Block - Multi use side block has additional ports built in to provide controlled air flow, if needed.
- Silicone Oral Nasal Mask - Made of a superior silicone material which is hypo-allergenic and has a longer work life than latex.
- Stainless Steel Bands - Bands hold the Hood/Face seal in place on the mask frame. They also provide the mounting studs for the Head Harness (Spider).
- SuperFlow® 350 Regulator - This all metal, fully adjustable, Commercial Rated™ demand regulator provides easy breathing and excellent performance with low pressure compressors.
- Tri-Valve® Exhaust With Whisker Wings - Retrofits to many previous Kirby Morgan Helmets and BandMasks®, has less breathing resistance than the older single valve exhaust while providing an extremely dry hat. The Tri-Valve® Exhaust is made of a chemical resistant compound.
- Weight: Kirby Morgan 18 Band Mask - 13.63 pounds
- Kirby Morgan 18 Band Mask: Fiberglass, polyester resin, polyester gel coat, and carbon fibers
- Control Knobs: Polyurathane
- Lens: Clear polycarbonate
- Hood: Neoprene.
- O-Rings: Buna-N
Recommended Lubricants: Christo-Lube®, Dow Corning® MS4 Silicone Lubricant. Krytox® and Halocarbon® are also acceptable.
- Regulator Performance: Kirby Morgan SuperFlow® 350 Performance. The Kirby Morgan SuperFlow® 350 regulator on the Kirby Morgan 18 & 28 bandmasks offers high performance. The commercial diving regulator has been tested at Dive Lab at Panama City, Florida. It meets all current U.S. Navy and European commercial diving standards.
- Cage Code: The cage code for identifying Kirby Morgan DSI products for U.S. government purposes is 58366.
- CR Standards: These masks meet or exceed all standards established by Dive Lab of Panama City, Florida, and are CR (Commercially Rated) marked.
- CE Approved: Both the Kirby Morgan 18 and 28 Band Masks are CE Approved.
- Temperature Limitations: Use at water temperatures below 33 degrees Fahrenheit (1 degrees Celsius) requires use of the Kirby Morgan Hot Water Shroud (P/N 525-100) and hot water.
- Operational Specifications & Limitations: Commercial Diving Umbilical minimum I.D. 3/8 in. (9.5 mm) of not more than two sections, total length not to exceed 600 feet (183m). This bandmask meets or exceeds all requirements of NPD, Health and Safety, (U.K.), United States Navy, ADCI United States and is CR rated by Dive Lab, Panama City, Fla., USA. Recommended overbottom (OB) gas supply pressure for best performance at depths are calculated by the formula (fsw x 0.445+14.7) + recommended p.s.i.g.
- Tool Kit with Pouch - Part # 525-060
- Manual 18/28 - Part # 100-002
- Logbook with Pen - Part # 125-001
The fully tested and certified BandMask® 18 with Posts may be used in mixed gas diving as well as shallow water diving.
The SuperFlow® adjustable demand regulators provide low inhalation resistance and high gas flow letting the diver breathe easier and work harder with less exertion. Both masks come standard with the large tube SuperFlow® 350 Regulator.
The Side Block Assembly of both the Kirby Morgan BandMask 18 and Kirby Morgan BandMask 28 receives the umbilical over the shoulder in the B configuration. They both come standard with the Tri-Valve® exhaust system, and the new BandMask® BandKeepers®
The Tri-Valve® Exhaust System has less breathing resistance than the older single valve exhaust. It retrofits to all previous Kirby Morgan BandMasks®.The BandMask® BandKeepers® coupled with the redesigned hood not only prevent any separation of the hood from the mask but also makes it impossible for the bands to separate from the mask.
The communications connections can be either a male waterproof plug in type or bare wire posts.The Kirby Morgan BandMask 28 is very similar to the Kirby Morgan BandMask 18. Many parts on the Kirby Morgan BandMask 18 are interchangeable with the Kirby Morgan BandMask 28. The major difference between the 18 and 28 is the material of the mask frame itself. The Kirby Morgan BandMask 18 has a hand laid fiberglass frame (yellow) while the Kirby Morgan BandMask 28 frame is an extremely durable injection molded plastic (black). The relative ease of production of the Kirby Morgan BandMask 28 frame allows for a lower cost and quicker delivery of this mask. Other differences include: 1) The main exhaust body of the Kirby Morgan BandMask 28 is part of the frame itself and uses a #545-041 Exhaust Cover) no comfort insert is required on the "28" 3) the face ports for the 18 and the 28 differ slightly in size.
* Please reference the Accessories and Parts categories in the left hand column for all accessories and parts associated with the Kirby Morgan BandMask 18 with Posts. Click on the BandMask 18 and then the BandMask 18 with Posts category and the Accessories and Parts categories will appear beneath it.
Brand Kirby Morgan Video N/A
What is the fitting type on the emergency valve?
The threads at the end of the emergency valve are 9/16-18. A standard scuba hose, female (9/16"-18) will attach to them.
What’s included with the Kirby Morgan BandMask 18?