- All-New 455 Balanced Regulator in stainless steel offers virtually the same superior breathing performance as the REX® regulator, with a lower profile, creating an overall outstanding performance
- Rugged helmet shell that is easy to maintain - no refinishing required if the surface is scratched or gouged
- Elimination of threaded inserts for securing the port retainer to the helmet shell
- Elimination of shell mounted weights
- Removable grip and handle (handle can be removed without breaking seals, making it quick and easy to attach accessories)
- “Built in” emergency valve that is an integral part of the stainless steel sideblock
- Quad Valve Exhaust System
- Quick change modular communications
- Weight: 31.09 pounds
- Helmet Shell: Stainless Steel
- Control Knobs: Polyurethane
- Face Port/Lens: Scratch Resistant Polycarbonate
- Neck Dam: Neoprene (optional latex neck dam available)
- O-Rings: Buna-N
- Head Cushion: Nylon bag filled with #4 Polyester foam
- Recommended Lubricants: All helmets and masks are lubricated at the factory with Christo-Lube®. Kirby Morgan recommends Christo-Lube® or Tribolube® for all gas train components. Dow Corning® 111 Silicone or equivalent may be used for helmet and mask components that are used with gas mixtures containing less than 50% oxygen.
- Regulator: The 455 balanced regulator on the KM 97 offers high performance. The regulator has been tested at Dive Lab at Panama City, Florida. It meets or exceeds all current U.S. Navy and European diving standards.
- Cage Code: The cage code for identifying KMDSI products for U.S. government purposes is 58366.
- CR Standards: This helmet meets or exceeds all standards established by Dive Lab of Panama City, Florida, and are CR (Commercially Rated) marked.
- CE Approved: The KM 97 helmet is CE Approved.
Kirby Morgan 97 Commercial Diving Helmet with Posts - P/N: 500-700 Includes:
- (1) 455 Regulator Tool Kit with Pouch - P/N: 525-630
- (1) Anode Kit - P/N: 525-375
- (1) Logbook with Pen - P/N: 120-001
- (1) Helmet/Mask Bag - P/N: 500-901
The minimum operating temperature recommended for this helmet is 37 degrees F, only in regards to regulator performance. At the time of this writing, no hot water shroud is available for this helmet for heating the diver’s breathing gas.
Without a hot water shroud, the diver may be subject to hypothermia due to cold gas inspiration temperatures. Kirby Morgan makes no physiological recommendations regarding minimum safe operating temperatures for divers using this helmet.
Usually the greatest danger of demand regulator icing will be encountered on deck when the surrounding air temperature is less than 32°F (0°C). This effect is primarily due to the refrigeration effect of breathing air pressure reduction, and the addition of moisture from the diver's exhalation coming in contact with the topside air temperature.
Recommended overbottom (OB) gas supply pressure for best performance at depths are calculated by the formula (fsw x 0.445+14.7) + recommended p.s.i. g.
The Kirby Morgan KM 97 Dive Helmet with Posts is the newest of all Kirby Morgan dive helmets. The All-New 455 Balanced Regulator sets the KM 97 apart from all other models. The 455 balanced regulator is all stainless steel and offers virtually the same superior breathing performance as the REX® regulator, with a lower profile. The overall outstanding performance of the 455 regulator sets a new standard for commercial diving helmets and BandMasks®.
The Kirby Morgan® 97 helmet has been tested and conforms to the performance requirements as set forth in Annex II of Directive 89/686/EEC and, as far as applicable, the EN 250:2000, EN 250/A1:2006 and EN 15333-1:2008 (class B). It is fully CE marked with balanced 455 demand regulator and oral nasal mask P/N 510-747.
The KM 97 has all the advancements & features found in our other stainless steel models: rugged helmet shell that is easy to maintain - no refinishing required if the surface is scratched or gouged, elimination of threaded inserts for securing the port retainer to the helmet shell, elimination of shell mounted weights, removable grip and handle (handle can be removed without breaking seals, making it quick and easy to attach accessories), and a “built in” emergency valve that is an integral part of the stainless steel sideblock.
The Quad Valve Exhaust System and quick change modular communications are also standard on the KM 97. These and many other KM 97 parts are shared with other models. If you keep a Kirby Morgan® helmet spare parts inventory, you’re already stocked with many KM 97 spares.
Brand Kirby Morgan Video No
Does Kirby Morgan sell a Hot Water Shroud Kit for any of the stainless steel helmets?Unfortunately, Kirby Morgan does not have a Hot Water Shroud Kit available for any of the stainless steel helmets at this time.