- Air Train - The air train diffuses incoming breathing air/gas onto the face port/lens to defog and ventilate.
- Defogging Steady Flow Valve - Provides an additional flow of gas into the helmet for ventilation and defogging.
- Emergency (EGS) Valve - Emergency (EGS) Valve supplies backup breathing gas to the diver. This valve is an integral, built in part of the stainless steel sideblock.
- Gas Supply Non-Return Valve - Commercial Rated™, It prevents loss of gas pressure in the event of umbilical damage.
- Handle - Removable Grip and handle. Handle can be removed without breaking seals, making it quick and easy to attach accessories.
- Nose Block Device - Nose Block Device allows the diver to block the nose to equalize ears.
- Rapid Change Modular Communications Systems - Because the module is easily removed the helmet, repair or replacement of communications parts is quick and trouble free. It is available with either a male waterproof connector or a bare wire post connection.
- REX® Regulator - Full adjustment balanced piston is a breakthrough design that exceeds all requirements of all government or other testing agencies. It has the best work-of-breathing performance when compared to ANY other commercial diving regulator.
- Silicone Oral Nasal Mask - Made of a superior silicone material which is hypo-allergenic and has a longer work life than latex.
- Stainless Steel Shell - After x-ray inspection, each 316 stainless steel shell, is precision CNC machined to tight tolerances, to ensure proper fit to all other mating parts. The shell is durable and easy to maintain. Easily cleaned using a Scotch Brite® or similar type cleaning pad.
- Stainless Steel Side Block - Multi use side block has additional ports built in to provide controlled air flow, if needed. The stainless steel sideblock has a built in EGS.
- Whisker Wings - Bubble deflecting Whisker wings keep bubbles further from face port and ears, improving visibility and decreasing internal noise.
- PullStrap - Has been improved with the addition of a stainless steel “D” ring. This makes for easier removal. Pull Strap also allows the assembly to easily be hung for drying.
- Positive-Lock™ Latch System - Developed by Kirby Morgan in 1992, consists of two sealed Positive-Lock™ pull pins which are pulled forward to release the neck collar and neck dam locking system. Even when the latches are released, the O-ring sealed neck dam maintains a positive seal and will not allow the seal to be broken until the collar actually clears the commercial diver’s shoulders, thus helping to prevent any flooding of the commercial diving helmet.
- Head Cushion -Gives the commercial diving helmet a secure, well balanced feel as well as excellent thermal protection during long work periods.
- Adjustable Neck Pad - Commercial Diving Helmet attached yoke system has an adjustable neck pad which is made from a scuff resistant elastomer. In conjunction with the spring activated front neck dam ring lock. Adjustable Neck Pad provides protection for the bottom of the commercial diving helmet
- Kirby Morgan Rex® Demand Valve (patents pending), with it's full adjustment balanced piston is a breakthrough design that exceeds all requirements of all government or other testing agencies. It has the best work-of-breathing performance when compared to ANY other commercial diving helmet. This is our highest performing regulator, with the lowest breathing resistance and best work of breathing.
The Kirby Morgan Commercial Diving Helmet 77 has been tested and conforms to the performance requirements as set forth in Annex II of Directive 89/686/EEC and, as far as applicable, the EN 250:2000, EN 250/A1:2006 and EN 15333-1:2008 (class B). The Kirby Morgan Commercial Diving Helmet 77 is fully CE marked with demand valve REX.
- Weight: 32.43 lbs.
- Helmet Shell: Stainless Steel
- Control Knobs: Polyurathane
- Lens: Clear polycarbonate
- Neck Dam: Neoprene. Optional latex neck dam available.
- O-Rings: Buna-N
- Head Cushion: Nylon bag filled with #4 Polyester foam
- Recommended Lubricants: All commercial diving helmets and band masks are lubricated at the factory with Christo-Lube®. Kirby Morgan recommends Christo-Lube® or Tribolube® for all gas train components. Dow Corning® 111 Silicone or equivelent may be used for commercial diving helmet and band mask components that are used with gas mixtures containing less than 50% oxygen.
- Kirby Morgan Rex® Performance: The Rex regulator on the Kirby Morgan Commercial Diving Helmet 77 offers high performance. The commercial diving regulator has been tested at Dive Lab at Panama City, Florida. The Kirby Morgan Rex® Commercial Diving Regulator meets or exceeds all current U.S. Navy and European commercial diving standards.
- Cage Code: The cage code for identifying Kirby Morgan DSI products for U.S. government purposes is 58366.
- CR Standards: Kirby Morgan Commercial Diving Helmets meet or exceeds all standards established by Dive Lab of Panama City, Florida, and are CR (Commercially Rated) marked.
- CE Approved: The Kirby Morgan Commercial Diving Helmet 77 is CE Approved.
- Regulator Tool Kit with Pouch - Part # 525-768
- Anode Kit - Part # 525-375
- Manual KM 77 - Part # 100-085
- Logbook with Pen - Part # 120-001
- Helmet/Mask Bag - Part # 500-901
The minimum operating temperature recommended for the Kirby Morgan 77 Commercial Diving Helmet is 37 degrees F, only in regards to regulator performance. At the time of this writing, no hot water shroud is available for the Kirby Morgan 77 Commercial Diving Helmet for heating the commercial diver’s breathing gas.
Without a Kirby Morgan Hot Water Shroud, the commercial diver may be subject to hypothermia due to cold gas inspiration temperatures. Kirby Morgan makes no physiological recommendations regarding minimum safe operating temperatures for commercial divers using the Kirby Morgan 77Commercial Diving Helmet.
Usually the greatest danger of demand regulator icing will be encountered on deck when the surrounding air temperature is less than 32°F (0°C). This effect is primarily due to the refrigeration effect of breathing air pressure reduction, and the addition of moisture from the divers exhalation coming in contact with the topside air temperature.
Recommended overbottom (OB) gas supply pressure for best performance at depths are calculated by the formula (fsw x 0.445+14.7) + recommended p.s.i.g.
The Kirby Morgan 77 Commercial Diver's Helmet is a stainless steel commercial diving helmet with a rugged outer shell. The Kirby Morgan 77 Commercial Diving Helmet features an all stainless version of the Kirby Morgan REX® Regulator, as well as a stainless steel sideblock, helmet ring, bent tube, handle, and other key components. The Kirby Morgan Rex Quad Valve® Exhaust System is standard on this commercial diving helmet.
The advanced regulator pod on the Kirby Morgan 77 Commercial Diving Helmet will allow future versions of the Kirby Morgan 77 Commercial Diving Helmet to be outfitted with other Kirby Morgan regulators, including the Kirby Morgan SuperFlow 350 Regulator or the all stainless steel Kirby Morgan SuperFlow 450 Regulator. The pod makes it possible to customize the Kirby Morgan 77 Commercial Diving Helmet with the diving regulator you want as job requirements change. The Kirby Morgan 77 Commercial Diving Helmet does not require any refinishing if the surface is scratched or gouged, only comes in one color, and it eliminates threaded inserts for securing port retainer to helmet shell.
Warning: Before attempting any diving in any type of contaminated water, a complete commercial diving and topside course in hazardous materials emergencies should be completed. The commercial divers and the topside team must be properly trained and have the proper safety equipment. All commercial diving helmets and suits can leak water under certain conditions. Commercial divers should use extreme caution when diving in contaminated waters.
* Please reference the Accessories and Parts categories in the left hand column for all accessories and parts associated with the Kirby Morgan 77 Commercial Diving Helmet with Male Waterproof Connectors. Click on the KM77 and then the KM77 with Male Waterproof Connectors category and the Accessories and Parts categories will appear beneath it.
*For Questions on Kirby Morgan Helmet Retaining Systems, please refer to the bulletin in Documents tab which contains more detailed information.
Brand Kirby Morgan Video No