Helmet Spares Kit for Kirby Morgan Dive Helmet 17B - P/N: 525-317 Includes:
- (2) O-rings - P/N: 510-008
- (1) O-ring - P/N: 510-010
- (1) O-ring - P/N: 510-211
- (1) O-ring - P/N: 510-260
- (1) O-ring - P/N: 510-446
- (1) O-ring - P/N: 510-481
- (1) Head Cushion - P/N: 510-521
- (1) Neck Dam - P/N: 510-533
- (1) Oral Nasal Mask - P/N: 510-747
- (1) Oral Nasal Valve - P/N: 510-550
- (1) Exhaust Valve - P/N: 510-561
- (1) Nose Block Pad - P/N: 510-575
- (1) Communications - P/N: 515-030
- (1) Regulator Rebuild Kit - P/N: 525-309
- (1) Side Block Rebuild Kit - P/N: 525-311
- (1) Quad-Valve Exhaust Kit - P/N: 525-759
- (1) Screw - P/N: 530-025
- (2) Screws - P/N: 530-035
- (1) Whisker Screw 1 - P/N: 530-045
- (1) Nut 1 - P/N: 530-317
- (1) Lock Nut 1 - P/N: 530-320
- (1) Washer 1 - P/N: 530-406
- (1) Washer 1 - P/N: 530-415
- (1) Safety Pin (Pull Pin) - P/N: 535-900
- (1) Plunger Pin (Push Pin) - P/N: 540-080
- (1) Whisker Spacer - P/N: 550-061
The Kirby Morgan 525-317 Helmet Spares Kit for Kirby Morgan Dive Helmet 17A/B contains commonly replaced parts for the SuperLite 17A/B.
The outer shell or bag, P/N 510-522, of the SL 17A/B Head Cushion, P/N 510-521, is now made of a durable, nylon based material (black), plus, a webbing strap has been added to strengthen the snap mountings. The material is laser cut to prevent the edges from fraying or unraveling. Velcro tabs have also been applied to the exterior for attachment of the Head Cushion Foam Spacer (HCFS, p/n 525-745).
The Head Cushion Foam Spacer (sold as 525-745 HCFS Kit) is also now shipping in the SuperLite® 17B Helmets as an integral part of the cushioning system.
O-rings should be lightly lubricated with food grade silicone Dow Corning 111 or equivalent in accordance with the operations and maintenance manual. Christo-Lube may also be used. At a minimum, all helmet or BandMask o-rings should be replaced at least once a year in accordance with the A2.1 for the helmet or mask being inspected.
During daily and monthly maintenance, disturbed o-rings and valves may be reused providing no damage or deformation is found. O-rings and valves may require replacement more often than yearly if the helmet or mask use is extreme, or if the helmet or mask is used in waters containing oil or chemical contamination. Daily cleaning and inspections as well as performing the monthly inspection A2.2 will identify the need more accurately than simply placing a number of hours between overhaul.
Store spare o-rings, valves and soft goods in a cool, dark, dry place. Avoid prolonged exposure to temperatures above 90 degrees Fahrenheit and/or exposure to ultra violet rays. Do not lubricate exhaust valves. Lubricating valves can cause dirt to stick, allowing leakage.
For detailed directions on installing this kit, please refer to our Attachments tab where there is an instruction pdf available for download.
Please see the Overview tab to see the components of the kit.
Brand Kirby Morgan Video No