- Air Train - The air train diffuses incoming breathing air/gas onto the face port/lens to defog and ventilate.
- Defogging Steady Flow Valve - Provides an additional flow of gas into the helmet for ventilation and defogging.
- Emergency (EGS) Valve - Supplies backup breathing gas to the diver.
- Fiberglass and Carbon Fiber Reinforced Shell - Kirby Morgan® has over 50 years experience in composite laminations. The helmet shell is hand laid up glass fiber reinforced thermal setting polyester (fiberglass) with carbon fiber reinforcement at key points for added durability. It is light and highly impact resistant, and provides a heat/cold barrier as well as being an excellent electrical nonconductor.
- Gas Supply Non-Return Valve - Commercial Rated™, It prevents loss of gas pressure in the event of umbilical damage.
- Nose Block - Nose Block Device allows the diver to block the nose to equalize ears.
- Rapid Change Modular Communications Systems - Because the module is easily removed the helmet, repair or replacement of communications parts is quick and trouble free. It is available with either a male waterproof connector or a bare wire post connection.
- Side & Top Weights - Brings unsurpassed balance to the helmet while providing for accessory mounting areas.
- Side Block - Multi use side block has additional ports built in to provide controlled air flow, if needed.
- Silicone Oral Nasal Mask - Made of a superior silicone material which is hypo-allergenic and has a longer work life than latex.
- SuperFlow® 450 Stainless Balanced Regulator - This balanced, stainless steel, Commercial Rated™ demand regulator provides easy breathing and excellent performance with low-pressure compressors.
- Whisker Wings - Bubble deflecting Whisker wings keep bubbles further from face port and ears, improving visibility and decreasing internal noise.
- Positive-Lock™ Latch System - Developed by Kirby Morgan in 1992, consists of two sealed Positive-Lock™ pull pins which are pulled forward to release the neck collar and neck dam locking system. Even when the latches are released, the O-ring sealed neck dam maintains a positive seal and will not allow the seal to be broken until the collar actually clears the commercial diver's shoulders, thus helping to prevent any flooding of the commercial diver helmet.
- Head Cushion - Gives the commercial diver helmet a secure, well balanced feel as well as excellent thermal protection during long work periods.
- Quad-Valve™ Exhaust System - Makes the commercial diver helmet very dry with no loss of breathing performance.
- Internal Adjustable Chin Strap - The adjustable chin support, along with the adjustable neck pad on the locking collar gives the commercial diver a comfortable, secure fit.
- Adjustable Neck Pad - The commercial divers helmet attached yoke system has an adjustable neck pad which is made from a scuff resistant elastomer. In conjunction with the spring activated front neck dam ring lock, the Adjustable Neck Pad provides protection for the bottom of the Kirby Morgan® Commercial Diving Helmet 57.
The Kirby Morgan® 57 Commercial Diving Helmet has been tested and conforms to the performance requirements as set forth in Annex II of Directive 89/686/EEC and, as far as applicable, the EN 250:2000, EN 250/A1:2006 and EN 15333-1:2008 (class B). It is fully CE marked with demand regulator SuperFlow® 350 and oral nasals Part # 510-690 and Part # 510-747.
- Weight: Kirby Morgan® 57 Commercial Diving Helmet - 31.6 pounds
- Helmet Shell: Fiberglass, polyester resin, polyester gel coat, and carbon fibers
- Control Knobs: Polyurethane
- Lens: Clear polycarbonate
- Neck Dam: Neoprene. Optional latex neck dam available.
- O-Rings: Buna-N
- Head Cushion: Nylon bag filled with #4 Polyester foam
- Recommended Lubricants: All commercial diving helmets and band masks are lubricated at the factory with Christo-Lube®. Kirby Morgan recommends Christo-Lube® or Tribolube® for all gas train components. Dow Corning® 111 Silicone or equivalent may be used for commercial diving helmet and band mask components that are used with gas mixtures containing less than 50% oxygen.
- SuperFlow® 350 Performance: The SuperFlow® 350 regulator on the Kirby Morgan® Commercial Diving Helmet 57 offers high performance. The commercial diving regulator has been tested at Dive Lab at Panama City, Florida. The SuperFlow® 350 regulator meets all current U.S. Navy and European commercial diving standards.
- SuperFlow® 450 Performance: The SuperFlow® 450 regulator is another high performance regulator. The SuperFlow® 450 regulator offers performance that exceeds that of the SuperFlow 350. The SuperFlow® 450 regulator meets all current U.S. Navy and European commercial diving standards.
- Cage Code: The cage code for identifying Kirby Morgan DSI products for U.S. government purposes is 58366.
- CR Standards: These commercial diving helmets meet or exceeds all standards established by Dive Lab of Panama City, Florida, and are CR (Commercially Rated) marked.
- CE Approved: The Kirby Morgan® 57 Commercial Diving Helmet is CE Approved.
- Temperature Limitations: Use at water temperatures below 33°F (1°C) requires use of Hot Water Shroud (Part #525-100) and hot water.
Kirby Morgan 57 Commercial Diving Helmet with Posts - P/N: 500-080 Includes:
- (1) Manual KM37 & KM57 - P/N: 100-073
- (1) Logbook with Pen - P/N: 125-001
- (1) Helmet/Mask Bag - P/N: 500-901
The Kirby Morgan Hot Water Shroud (P/N: 525-100) in conjunction with hot water to the commercial diver should be used whenever commercial diving operations are conducted using HEO2 at water temperatures less than 60°F (15.56°C) for the comfort of the commercial diver. Kirby Morgan DSI further recommends that the hot water shroud be used in conjunction with hot water to the commercial diver whenever commercial diving operations are conducted using air or mixed gas, in waters colder than 36°F (2.22°C) to reduce the possibility of demand regulator icing.
Usually the greatest danger of demand regulator icing will be encountered on deck when the surrounding air temperature is less than 32°F (0°C). This effect is primarily due to the refrigeration effect of breathing air pressure reduction, and the addition of moisture from the divers exhalation coming in contact with the topside air temperature.
If diving where the water temperature is 36°F (2.22°C) or warmer but the topside air temperature is below freezing, (32°F (0°C) icing of the demand regulator is possible. To help eliminate the possibility of freezing on the surface, warm water should be run over the exterior of the demand regulator prior to water entry, if the hot water system is not used.
Only commercial diving equipment certified and tested according to EN 250/E DIN 58 642 may be used with the The Kirby Morgan® Commercial Diving Helmet 57 when conducting commercial diving operations in European EC compliant countries.
The umbilical assembly should be composed of good quality diving hose that meets industry standards. Generally, gas hose will be married to the communications wire, pneumofathometer hose, and strength member in a manner that will allow the strength member to receive all the strain. There are also good quality umbilicals available that are assembled at the factory using a twisted method which does not require marrying. Regardless of the system used, the umbilical is the commercial diver’s life line and should always be of excellent quality and maintained carefully.
The Kirby Morgan® 57 Commercial Diving Helmet with Posts continues the tradition of innovation by providing the highest quality and superior performance that commercial divers have come to expect in a Kirby Morgan product. This helmet features Kirby Morgan's revolutionary new Kirby Morgan SuperFlow 450™ Stainless Balanced Regulator, which is machined from a stainless steel casting for the ultimate in performance and reliability. This commercially rated regulator delivers all the breathing gas commercial divers need for the most demanding underwater work.
The Kirby Morgan® 57 also includes the Quad-Valve™ Exhaust System. It's recommended for commercial diving in biologically contaminated water, when you're properly trained and equipped, using recommended procedures. This new exhaust has exceptionally low exhalation resistance that you must experience to appreciate. Don't confuse the Kirby Morgan SuperFlow® 450 with a sport diving regulator - it's designed from the ground up strictly for commercial diving. With a rugged extra long adjustment knob and shaft, the Kirby Morgan SuperFlow® 450 meets the wide range of breathing gas pressures provided by typical low pressure surface-supplied diving compressors. Dive the Kirby Morgan® 57 once and commercial divers won't want to dive with anything else.
Warning: Before attempting any diving in any type of contaminated water, a complete commercial diving and topside course in hazardous materials emergencies should be completed. The commercial divers and the topside team must be properly trained and have the proper safety equipment. All commercial diving helmets and suits can leak water under certain conditions. Commercial divers should use extreme caution when diving in contaminated waters.
* Please reference the Accessories and Parts categories in the left hand column for all accessories and parts associated with the Kirby Morgan 57 Commercial Diving Helmet with Male Waterproof Connectors. Click on the KM57 and then the KM57 with Posts category and the Accessories and Parts categories will appear beneath it.
* For Questions on Kirby Morgan Helmet Retaining Systems, please refer to the bulletin in Attachments tab which contains more detailed information.
Brand Kirby Morgan Video No
What is the fitting type on the emergency valve?
The threads at the end of the emergency valve are 9/16-18. A standard scuba hose, female (9/16"-18) will attach to them.
What’s included with the Kirby Morgan 57 Commercial Diving Helmet?