- SuperFlow® 350 Regulator - This all metal, fully adjustable, Commercial Rated™ demand regulator provides easy breathing and excellent performance with low pressure compressors.
- Air Train - The air train diffuses incoming breathing air/gas onto the face port/lens to defog and ventilate.
- Defogging Steady Flow Valve - Provides an additional flow of gas into the helmet for ventilation and defogging.
- Emergency (EGS) Valve - Emergency (EGS) Valve supplies backup breathing gas to the diver. This valve is an integral, built in part of the stainless steel sideblock.
- Gas Supply Non-Return Valve - Commercial Rated™, It prevents loss of gas pressure in the event of umbilical damage.
- Handle - Removable Grip and handle. Handle can be removed without breaking seals, making it quick and easy to attach accessories.
- Nose Block - Nose Block Device allows the diver to block the nose to equalize ears.
- Rapid Change Modular Communications Systems - Because the module is easily removed the helmet, repair or replacement of communications parts is quick and trouble free. It is available with either a male waterproof connector or a bare wire post connection.
- Silicone Oral Nasal Mask - Made of a superior silicone material which is hypo-allergenic and has a longer work life than latex.
- Stainless Steel Shell - After x-ray inspection, each 316 stainless steel shell, is precision CNC machined to tight tolerances, to ensure proper fit to all other mating parts. The shell is durable and easy to maintain. Easily cleaned using a Scotch Brite® or similar type cleaning pad.
- Stainless Steel Side Block - Multi use side block has additional ports built in to provide controlled air flow, if needed. The stainless steel sideblock has a built in EGS.
- Whisker Wings - Bubble deflecting Whisker wings keep bubbles further from face port and ears, improving visibility and decreasing internal noise.
- Handle: Removable Grip and handle. Handle can be removed without breaking seals, making it quick and easy to attach accessories.
- Kirby Morgan Pull Strap: The pull strap has been improved with the addition of a stainless steel “D” ring. This makes for easier removal. It also allows the assembly to easily be hung for drying.
- Kirby Morgan Positive-Lock™ Latch System: Developed by Kirby Morgan® in 1992, consists of two sealed Positive-Lock™ pull pins which are pulled forward to release the neck collar and neck dam locking system. Even when the latches are released, the O-ring sealed neck dam maintains a positive seal and will not allow the seal to be broken until the collar actually clears the commercial diver’s shoulders, thus helping to prevent any flooding of the commercial diving helmet.
- Kirby Morgan Quad-Valve™ Exhaust System makes the commercial diving helmet very dry with no loss of breathing performance.
The Kirby Morgan® 37SS Commercial Diving Helmet has been tested and conforms to the performance requirements as set forth in Annex II of Directive 89/686/EEC and, as far as applicable, the EN 250:2000, EN 250/A1:2006 and EN 15333-1:2008 (class B). It is fully CE marked with demand regulator SuperFlow® 350
and 510-747 Silicone Oral Nasal Mask with Improved Face Sealing Flap for KMB Dive Helmets.
- Weight: 30.96 lbs.
- Helmet Shell: Stainless Steel
- Control Knobs: Polyurethane
- Lens: Scratch Resistant Polycarbonate
- Neck Dam: Neoprene. Optional latex neck dam available.
- O-Rings: Buna-N
- Head Cushion: Nylon bag filled with #4 Polyester foam
- Recommended Lubricants: All commercial diving helmets and band masks are lubricated at the factory with Christo-Lube®. Kirby Morgan recommends Christo-Lube® or Tribolube® for all gas train components. Dow Corning® 111 Silicone or equivalent may be used for helmet and mask components that are used with gas mixtures containing less than 50% oxygen.
- SuperFlow® 350 Regulator Performance: The Kirby Morgan SuperFlow® 350 regulator on the Kirby Morgan® Commercial Diving Helmet 37SS offers high performance. The Kirby Morgan SuperFlow® 350 regulator has been tested at Dive Lab at Panama City, Florida. It meets all current U.S. Navy and European commercial diving standards.
- Cage Code: The cage code for identifying KMDSI products for U.S. government purposes is 58366.
- CR Standards: Kirby Morgan® Commercial Diving Helmet 37SS meets or exceeds all standards established by Dive Lab of Panama City, Florida, and are CR (Commercially Rated) marked.
- CE Approved: The Kirby Morgan® 37SS Commercial Diving Helmet is CE Approved. The Kirby Morgan® Commercial Diving Helmet 37SS has been tested and conforms to the performance requirements as set forth in Annex II of Directive 89/686/EEC and, as far as applicable, the EN 250:2000, EN 250/A1:2006 and EN 15333-1:2008 (class B). It is fully CE marked with demand regulator SuperFlow® 350 and 510-747 Silicone Oral Nasal Mask with Improved Face Sealing Flap for KMB Dive Helmets.
- Demand Regulator Adjustment Tool Kit With Pouch - Part # 525-620
- Anode Kit - Part # 525-375
- Manual KM 37SS - Part # 100-063
- Maintenance and Repair Log Book - Part # 125-001
- Helmet/Mask Bag - Part # 500-901
The minimum operating temperature recommended for the Kirby Morgan® 37SS Commercial Diving Helmet is 37 degrees F, only in regards to regulator performance. At the time of this writing, no hot water shroud is available for the Kirby Morgan® 37SS Commercial Diving Helmet for heating the commercial diver’s breathing gas.
Without a hot water shroud, the commercial diver may be subject to hypothermia due to cold gas inspiration temperatures. Kirby Morgan makes no physiological recommendations regarding minimum safe operating temperatures for commercial divers using this commercial diving helmet.
Usually the greatest danger of demand regulator icing will be encountered on deck when the surrounding air temperature is less than 32°F (0°C). This effect is primarily due to the refrigeration effect of breathing air pressure reduction, and the addition of moisture from the diver\'s exhalation coming in contact with the topside air temperature.
Recommended overbottom (OB) gas supply pressure for best performance at depths are calculated by the formula (fsw x 0.445+14.7) + recommended p.s.i. g.
The Kirby Morgan® 37SS Stainless Steel Commercial Diving Helmet with Male Waterproof Connectors features an all stainless steel shell, as well as a stainless sideblock, commercial helmet ring, bent tube, handle, and other key components. The SuperFlow® 350 commercial diving regulator is standard on the Kirby Morgan® 37SS.
The Kirby Morgan® 37SS features a quick change commercial diving communications module, available with either bare wire posts or a Marsh Marine style waterproof connector, and allows for easy, efficient maintenance of the commercial diving helmet's communications. This 37SS shares many components with the Kirby Morgan® Commercial Diving Helmet 77 with the exception of the diving regulator, bent tube and oral nasal mask.
This commercial diving helmet is included in the line of Kirby Morgan commercial diving helmets that have recently completed several months of testing for conformity to the new open circuit surface supplied CE and CR standards. KMDSI is the only manufacturer of commercial diving helmets in the world whose products pass this stringent testing.
The advantages of this stainless steel Kirby Morgan® 37SS include the following:
- Rugged commercial diving helmet shell and other components
- No refinishing required if the surface is scratched or gouged
- Elimination of threaded inserts for securing port retainer to helmet shell
Warning: Before attempting any commercial diving in any type of contaminated water, a complete commercial diving and topside course in hazardous materials emergencies should be completed. The commercial divers and the topside team must be properly trained and have the proper safety equipment. All commercial diving helmets and suits can leak water under certain conditions. Commercial divers should use extreme caution when diving in contaminated waters.
* Please reference the Accessories and Parts categories in the left hand column for all accessories and parts associated with the Kirby Morgan 37SS Stainless Steel Commercial Diving Helmet with Posts. Click on the KM37SS and then the KM37SS with Male Waterproof Connectors category and the Accessories and Parts categories will appear beneath it.
*For Questions on Helmet Retaining Systems, please refer to the bulletin in Attachments tab which contains more detailed information.
Brand Kirby Morgan Video No
Why is my Stainless Steel Helmet Rusting?
Kirby Morgan would like to assure all stainless steel helmet owners, that the helmet shells are not actually rusting. All of these helmet shells and other main components, are cast and machined from a highly corrosion resistant grade of 316L stainless steel. The investment casting process can produce a very good finish, but this still requires more processing to be acceptable. Each helmet shell is initially hand finished, then, it is processed to a very smooth surface using specialized friction finishing equipment. Even after all this processing, these smooth surfaces will still have small surface porosity that can trap foreign matter, some of which can “rust”. This is what will make the surfaces appear to be rusting. This foreign matter that may be trapped, needs to be cleaned away, and the surfaces need to be protected. Basic cleaning and protection should be performed on a regular basis and may need to be performed more often depending on what type of environment the helmets are used in.
NOTE, This “Rusting” issue can also be seen on Fiberglass helmet shells and chrome plated brass parts. It is what is stuck to those surfaces that is “rusting”. Not the fiberglass or chrome.
Cleaning Procedures for the stainless steel helmet
Thoroughly clean the components with a cleaning soap such as Simple Green. A soft scrubbing tool can help to remove excess materials. Dry the components and wipe completely with Isopropyl alcohol and allow to evaporate. Using a kitchen sponge with an abrasive side. Wet and apply hand soap that contains a slight abrasive (LAVA hand soap works very well, or Go-Jo Pumice, citric hand soap), and simply rub onto the affected area of the helmet shell. The unwanted stains will easily be removed.
NEVER USE STEEL WOOL TO PERFORM THIS TASK. It will deeply imbed iron particles into the stainless and may cause severe rusting to the component.
Citric acid or diluted vinegar can be used to passivate stainless steel and remove any light rust. A lemon half works well as a scrubbing tool, and at the same time provides the citric acid to help eliminate small surface particles of rust. Allow enough liquid to deposit on all affected surfaces and allow it to settle for at least 30 minutes. Rinse and re-apply as needed. Rinse again and finish wipe with the Isopropyl alcohol allow to dry completely.
Apply at least 2 coats of a good quality paste wax. This will help seal surface porosity to prevent foreign matter from being trapped, which may then rust.
It is best to clean as much of the helmet surfaces as possible, rather than cleaning only affected areas, as this will help prevent any future issues. A basic cleaning and waxing procedure should be performed as part of a routine cleaning regiment.
Kirby Morgan suggests the use of lemon juice/lemons, or vinegar for the source of acid. These types of acid will help dissolve certain stains, rust and certain residue buildup such as hard water and mineral deposits. Because they are natural and non-toxic, Kirby Morgan highly recommends them for this procedure.
NOTE: All new stainless helmet shells are electro chemical cleaned (electropolished) and friction polished to a very smooth exterior surface finish. If so desired, the surface can be brought to a higher luster using basic polishing techniques, (i.e. polishing compounds and light buffing techniques).
What is the fitting type on the emergency valve?
The threads at the end of the emergency valve are 9/16-18. A standard scuba hose, female (9/16"-18) will attach to them.
What’s included with the Kirby Morgan 37SS Commercial Diving Helmet?
Does Kirby Morgan sell a Hot Water Shroud Kit for any of the stainless steel helmets?Unfortunately, Kirby Morgan does not have a Hot Water Shroud Kit available for any of the stainless steel helmets at this time.