- Kestrel 4500NV Pocket Weather Tracker accurately measures:
- Current Wind Speed
- Max Wind Gust
- Average Wind Speed
- Wind Chill
- Relative Humidity
- Heat Stress Index
- Dewpoint Temp
- Wet Bulb Temp
- Barometric Pressure
- Density Altitude
- Additional measurements including digital compass, wind direction, crosswind and head/tailwind
- Waterproof and floats
- Time and date
- Easy-to-read, backlit display for low-light conditions
- Multi-function 3-line display
- Exterior temperature, humidity, and pressure sensors for fast and accurate readings
- Humidity sensor can be recalibrated in the field in the field with the Kestrel Relative Humidity Calibration Kit.
- Minimum, maximum, and average values
- Automatic and manual data storage
- Customizable data storage - 1400 data points
- Data charting
- Data upload (with optional interface)
- Five languages (English, French, Spanish, German, and Italian)
- Patented, user-replaceable impeller (no tools needed)
- Ultralight impeller is mounted in jewel bearings for precision, wide range of speeds and low startup speed
- Impeller is shock-mounted in a glass-reinforced plastic housing
- Flip-top impeller cover allows use of other functions while protecting the impeller
- US Patent Nos. 5,783,753 and 5,939,645 and 6,257,074
- All instruments and accessories are completely assembled in the USA
- Dimensions: 6 in. x 3 in. x 2 in.
- Weight: 6.4 oz.
- Power: 2 AAA batteries (average life of 400 hours)
Kestrel 4500NV Pocket Weather Tracker - Olive - P/N: NEK-0845NVOLV Includes:
- Soft carry pouch
- Neck lanyard
- Batteries - 2 AAA
- Kestrel Certificate of Conformity
This Kestrel does it all. Measure every environmental condition plus wind direction, automatic crosswind, headwind/tailwind. Store the information along with all the other environmental readings in its 1400 data point memory. Pair the 4500 with the Kestrel Vane Mount and you have a data-logging weather station that sets up in seconds and rotates in the slightest of breezes. Did we mention that the whole kit is the ultimate in portability? It packs down into a 2 x 6 inch pouch and weighs under 8 ounces.
This Kestrel has a night-vision preserving backlight which helps users to sustain natural night vision. The NV's backlight incorporates an optical filter to reduce overall brightness and minimize blue and green spectrum light to preserve night vision. Additionally, NV backlights are also much dimmer than a standard backlight, making it more difficult to detect with the naked eye in night operations. This backlight appears soft greyish pink, not red, and is still in the visible spectrum, so is not compatible with night-vision equipment.
It takes 30 to 45 minutes for the average eye to adapt to darkness and maximize night vision. Even a short burst of white, yellow, green or blue light “bleaches out” the rod cell photoreceptors in the eye and causes night blindness until the entire adaptation process can take place again. Light in the red spectrum does not cause this “bleaching out”, preventing night blindness and night vision fatigue.
Note: Kestrel Weather & Environmental Meters are designed & manufactured in the U.S.A and are backed by a 5-year warranty. Innovatively designed for stability and accuracy in abrupt condition changes. Rugged and durable, Kestrels are drop tested, waterproof and designed to float if dropped in water.
Brand Kestrel Video No