For special pricing on quantities of 10 or more please contact us (877) 462-6700.
- Internal suspension, two fit to form Light-Beam stay rods
- Panel loading pack, single large compartment 2 exterior zippered pockets
- Interior hydration pouch, supports up to 100 oz. bladder, 210d nylon ripstop
- Hydration port at top of pack allows for drink tube to be used over either shoulder.
- Hydration port has snap-on, top-flap closure
- Exterior cargo pocket with fleece eyewear pocket and admin organizer pocket
- Side mesh pockets (fits 1 quart lexan water bottles each side)
- Waist belt with Scherer cinch system
- Waist belt tuck-away feature
- Adjustable sternum strap
- Fully adjustable (removable/replaceable) shoulder straps
- Four compression straps
- Haul handle
- Reservoir sleeve
- Organizer sleeve
- Elastic rigging
- Daisy chain
- Large front pocket with organization
- Key clip
- Pen and pencil organizer
- Fleece-lined eyewear pocket
- Mesh water-bottle pockets
- Security pocket
- Fleece-lined sunglass pocket
- Front-panel access
- Ice-axe loop
- Breathable backpanel with Spacermesh
- Padded backpanel
- Two LightBeam™ aluminum stays
- Padded shoulder straps with Spacermesh
- Adjustable-length shoulder straps
- Adjustable sternum strap
- Quick-release shoulder straps
- Belt stabilizers
- Scherer Cinch (US Pat #5,465,886) waistbelt adjustment
- Weight: 3 lb. 6 oz. / 1.5 kg
- Length: 21 in. / 53 cm
- Width: 15 in. / 38 cm
- Height: 12.5 in. / 31 cm
- Volume: 2300 in.3 / 38 L
- Torso Fit Range: Adjustable
- 420d HD nylon Oxford mesh cover on back panel and shoulder strap
- 420 gram, 100% nylon Airmesh EVA foam in back panel and shoulder straps
- 500 denier nylon Kodra construction, double stitched
Attention: Proposition 65 issued per California requires a special warning label on this product in order to inform our customers interested in purchasing this product:
WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Valuing our customers is our top priority. Please note that by including this Proposition 65 warning label, we want our customers to make a conscious purchasing decision. For more information on Prop 65, please click here.
The Amron MAP 3500 Three Day Assault Pack by Kelty has been the preferred Military Assault Pack of the U.S. Navy SEALs for the past 6 years due to its rugged construction and superior design.
When the Special Operations Forces (SOF) community requested a new and improved assault pack, Amron approached Kelty because of its outstanding reputation as a manufacturer of quality equipment in the outdoor industry. Designed and engineered with the the help of direct military end-user input and feedback at the Boulder 2000 conference, the MAP 3500 is the Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) solution for a sturdy and functional Military Assault Pack (MAP).
Amron's philosophy is this: You need a backpack; why not have the best backpack company build your pack? Designed to meet the needs of the field, the packs also work as carry on luggage for business travel, fitting in overhead storage compartments on all commercial airliners.
Amron recommends Camelbak hydration bladders for your Kelty pack.
Brand Amron International Video No
Is the Kelty MAP 3500 carry on approved for international and domestic flights?
Yes. The US carry-on size restriction is 45” linear length (length + width + height). The estimated dimensions of a max sized carry-on is 22” x 14” x 9” which equates to 2772 cubic inches in volume; the MAP 3500 is about 2300 cubic inches in volume. International Air Transport Association’s (IATA) guide line is 50” linear length (22” x 18” x 10”, 3960 cubic inches). All measurements are to include side pockets, wheels, handles, etc.
Are there any retail stores that carry your MAP 3500 pack?
No, the MAP 3500 is built exclusively for Amron.
What is the proper method for adjusting the strap on the MAP 3500?
Six Steps to a Great Fit
Your goal is to have 80% to 90% of the load weight resting on your hips. To achieve this, start by putting about 10 to 15 lbs. of weight into the pack to simulate a loaded pack. Follow the steps below in front of a mirror. Get a friend to help if possible.
Step 1: Hipbelt
- First make sure all the pack's straps and hipbelt are loosened.
- Put the pack on your back so that the hipbelt is resting over your hip bones.
- Close the hipbelt buckle and tighten it.
- Check the padded sections of the hipbelt to make sure they wrap around your hips comfortably. Keep at least 1" of clearance on either side of the center buckle.
Note: If the hipbelt is too loose or tight, try repositioning the buckle pieces on the hipbelt straps. If this doesn't solve the problem, you may need a different pack (or hipbelt).
Step 2: Shoulder Straps
- Pull down and back on the ends of the shoulder straps to tighten them.
- Shoulder straps should fit closely and wrap over and around your shoulder, holding the pack body against your back. They should NOT be carrying the weight.
- Have your helper check to see that the shoulder strap anchor points are 1" to 2" inches below the top of your shoulders.
Step 3: Load Lifters
- Load-lifter straps are located just below the tops of your shoulders (near your collarbones) and should angle back toward the pack body at a 45-degree angle.
- Gently snug the load-lifter straps to pull weight off your shoulders. (Overtightening the load lifters will cause a gap to form between your shoulders and the shoulder straps.)
Step 4: Sternum Strap
- Adjust the sternum strap to a comfortable height across your chest.
- Buckle the sternum strap and tighten until the shoulder straps are pulled in comfortably from your shoulders, allowing your arms to move freely.
Step 5: Stabilizer Straps
- Pull the stabilizer straps located on either side of the hipbelt to snug the pack body toward the hipbelt and stabilize the load.
Step 6: Final Tweak
- Go back to the shoulder straps and carefully take a bit of tension off of them. Now you're ready to go!
What is the maximum waist size that the waist belt will fit?The waist belt is 40 inches long.
What is the measurement of the waist belt on the MAP 3500 Three Day Assault Pack?The waist belt is 56 inches when fully extended.