- Two Modes of Operation - 2-Wire Mode and/or 4-Wire Mode
- Separate volume controls for operator and each lock
- Separate on/off controls for each lock
- External 12 VDC connection
Amcom II 2820A-4003 Double Lock Chamber Communicator Includes
- (1) Hand-Held Push-to-Talk Microphone: Part Number 2405-28
- (1) 12 VDC Slide Terminal Gel-Cell Rechargeable Battery: Part Number 2890-05 - Expected life: 20 hrs
- (1) MS Connector – 14 Pin Female: Part Number MS-3106A-20-27S
- (1) MS Cable Clamp 20/22 Shell: Part Number MS-3057-12A
- (1) Power Cord: Part Number P-2392
- (1) User Manual
- Power: 115/230 VAC, 50-60Hz
- Audio Output Power: 20 Watts
- Back-up Power: Rechargeable 12 VDC Slide Terminal Gel Cell
- Rear Panel Connection: MS 14 Pin Male with Mating Connector
- Entertainment Input: 2 RCA jacks for (2820A-4003E only) audio input, signal is mixed internally for a stereo input/monaural output
- Dimensions: 8 in. H x 10.125 in. W x 7.5 in. D(20.3 cm x 25.7 cm x 19.1 cm)
- Weight: 15 lbs (3.6 kg)
All communicators will transfer topside noise to the diver when using the radio speaker only. To eliminate background noise and achieve clear concise communications, use a Push-to-Talk microphone, headset, or a Remote Walk-and-Talk with a headset.
2 and 3 Year Extended Warranties are available for this product. Please refer to the Attachments tab for further information on the warranty program.
The Amcom II 2820A-4003 Double Lock Chamber Communicator is a fully featured hard-wire, two-lock communicator system. The Amcom II has independent volume controls (operator, inner lock, and outer lock), as well as separate on/off controls for each lock.
Brand Amron International Communication Mode 2-wire/4wire Video No
When my battery does not appear to be holding a charge, how do I know if the problem is a bad battery or if the charger is broken?
To determine whether the problem is with the battery or charger you will need to verify if the charger is properly charging the battery.
Troubleshooting: Unplug your communicator and turn on the POWER switch. Measure the voltage across the yellow PUSH-TO-TALK (PTT) jack and write down this value for future reference. It should be greater than 9 Volts. Plug the communicator into an AC source and verify that the AC POWER LED on the front panel turns on. Re-measure the voltage across the PTT jack and note it down for future reference. It should be higher than the previous measurement. If this AC POWER LED does not light up when the communicator is plugged in, then check fuses F1 and F2 on the charger Printed Circuit Assembly (PCA). Allow the communicator to charge overnight. Unplug the communicator and re-measure the voltage across the PTT jack. If it is the same or less than the voltage you measured previously, then the charger is broken and the communicator needs to be sent in for repairs If it is the same or less than the voltage you measured previously, then the charger is broken and the communicator needs to be sent in for repairs. If the voltage higher than previous measurement but less than 13.5 Volts, then the battery is bad and needs to be replaced. If it is greater than 13.5 Volts but it still appears that the battery is not holding a charge, contact Amron for additional support. less than 13.5 Volts, then the battery is bad and needs to be replaced. If it is greater than 13.5 Volts but it still appears that the battery is not holding a charge, contact Amron for additional support.
How do I replace rechargeable the battery on my 2820A-4003 communicator?
Battery Replacement Procedure for Models 2820A-4003 & 2820A-4003E
1. Remove 4 ea. screws that attach 2820A-4003E to console.
2. Slide unit out of console cut-out and disconnect Power cord, MS connector & entertainment connector located on rear of unit.
3. Remove 2 ea. screws located on both sides of unit, total 4 ea. screws.
4. Remove Battery box chassis from card box.
5. Disconnect color coded battery slide terminals from battery.
6. Remove old battery.
7. Install new battery.
8. Install color coded battery slide terminals on battery making sure that red wire connects to red (+) terminal on battery and black wire connects to the black (-) terminal on battery.
9. Install chassis to card box being careful not to pinch or damage any wires.
10. Install 2 ea. screws located on both sides of unit, total 4 ea. screws.
11. Slide unit in console cut-out and connect power cord, MS connector & entertainment connector located on rear of unit.
12. Install 4 ea. screws that attach 2820-4003E to console.
13. Turn unit on and check for proper operation.
How do I install a new microphone in my Amcom II Communicator?Please refer to the Panel Microphone Installation instructions located in the attachments tab.
Can my Amcom communicator work on 240V / 60Hz?Yes, the unit will operate on 240V 50/60Hz.