Standard Features of the Desco Diving Air Hat:
- Conforms to all current regulations of the ADC Consensus Standards, and U.S. Federal Regulations administered by OSHA and the U.S. Coast Guard.
- Certified by the European Community for use in EC member countries and carries the CE number stamped on the tail
- Double air inlet valve with non returns (bail out non return threaded for SCUBA whip)
- Adjustable double exhaust valve
- Stainless steel air control valve rated at 6000 PSIG
- Two video/light blocks
- Communications housing fitted with two binding posts, with a four wire communication plug connection option (Part Number 61228)
- Two wire communications; mic/speaker with binding posts
- Tin plated finish
- Brass parts have high polish finish. Certain colors are standard at no additional cost
Desco Diving Air Hat - Part Number 61000 Includes:
- User Manual
- Neck Ring Insert
- Size 15 Neck dam (other sizes can be substituted by request)
- Adjustable Safety Jock Strap
Optional Features for the Desco Diving Air Hat:
- Painted finish - Available standard DuPont Imron® colors Black - 99U, Metallic Blue - 44427, Orange - 5080, Metallic Red - 7994, Yellow - 6561. Other DuPont Imron® colors can be ordered at additional cost.
- Four-wire Marsh Marine type communications plug assembly
- Welding Shield
Safety Notice - CAUTION - DIVING IN COLD WATER CONDITIONS:
Any air (pneumatic) system given the right combination of temperature and/or airflow has a propensity to freeze up. It is prudent therefore to check for moisture regularly and install a secondary in-line dryer system if necessary. If moisture freeze up problems persist, contact your compressor dealer for recommendations to suit your particular need.
The Desco Diving Air Hat was designed in 1968, and has continually evolved to meet the requirements of the commercial diving industry. Major upgrades to the design of the Air Hat over the years were made so they could be retrofitted to older helmets thus increasing their service life. The Desco Diving Air Hat is a “free flow” helmet of contemporary design, using time proven techniques and materials in its construction. The Air Hat is remarkable for it can be disassembled and reassembled using only a screwdriver and wrench. It can easily be donned or doffed by the diver without assistance from the tender. The Air Hat is the preferred helmet for working in hazardous environments where contamination of the diver is a concern. Desco Dive Helmet normally comes with tin plating standard but Metallic Blue, International Orange, Black, Red and Yellow colors are also available.
Brand Desco Video No
I’ve mounted my Desco helmet on a drysuit with a Desco yoke installed but the helmet and yoke won’t seal. Why?
A common mistake when installing the neck ring on the Desco yoke is forgetting to install the o-ring on the outside of the yoke. Then make sure you have trimmed the excess yoke material so the excess material does not get caught in the neck ring sealing area of the helmet.
The exhaust valve on my Desco hat doesn’t completely turn off. Why?The exhaust valve on the hat cannot be totally shut off. This is a safety feature to prevent “Blow Up” of the drysuit. If the exhaust valve was closed off completely, pressure from the hat would inflate the suit and the diver would pop to the surface. The air hat exhaust valve when fully shut down will automatically vent at approximately 2 psi over bottom pressure.