- Exclusive construction of these patented Watermate™ electrical connectors permits underwater plugging and unplugging with electrical power de-energized
- Pressure rated up to 20,000 psi or maximum 45,000 feet of seawater
- Pressure balanced for easy engagement and disengagement at high pressure
- Body is specially formulated neoprene rubber
- Contacts are beryllium copper.
- Standard leads are #18 AWG – 1 conductor Hypalon insulated wire
- Connectors can be supplied on 2 conductor cords as special orders
Technical Information Part No. No. of Circuits No. of Pins or Sockets Maximum Volts Face Style Amps per Connector (Max.) Wire Size AWG Mates with 56B2F-1 2 2 Sockets 230 Flat 7.5 18 56B2M-1 56B2M-1 2 2 Pins 230 Flat 7.5 18 56B2F-1
- Add "DO" to base model number for dummy connector - all circuits open
- Add "DS" to base model number for dummy connector - both circuits shorted
The Crouse Hinds 56B2M-1 - Watermate™ Miniature Connector Series 56 is specifically designed to meet the need for a fluid immersed, instrumentation-quality, multiconductor electrical connector. As in all Series 50 products, the 56 is based on the proven, exclusive, Watermate™ principle. This permits plugging underwater, with insulation resistance guaranteed to be greater than 100 megohms. Electrical integrity of all connectors is preserved to full ocean depths.
The contact size of Crouse Hinds 56B2M-1 - Watermate™ Miniature Connector Series 56 has been reduced with no loss of current-carrying capacity.
The female connector employs a closed entry beryllium copper contact for low contact resistance and low noise. Contact resistance is in the order of 5 milliohm and repeatable.
The Crouse Hinds 56B2M-1 -Watermate™ Miniature Connector Series 56 is designed for complex interconnections and branching, permitting an almost limitless number of input-output combinations.
The Series 56 features a conical entry section to ease blind engagement underwater. The universal feature completely eliminates polarization problems.
Brand Crouse Hinds Video No