Series 53 Watermate Connector Specifications - Female SocketF SeriesMaximum AC Volts: 230Contacts per Pin: 1Maximum Amps: 15 (Per Contact)Wire Size: #16 AWGFemale Order NoNo. of ContactsLocking Sleeve†A in.B in.C in.EFLNPMale/Female Also Mates With53F2F-12.6251.527/16-202-014123/40.551F2F-153F4F-1458TM8-211.1251.6257/16-202-014123/40.551F4F-153F6F-1658TM10-211.1251.6257/16-202-014123/40.551F6F-153F8F-1858TM10-21.251.1251.6251/2-202-015127/80.551F8F-1
- Exclusive construction of these patented Watermate™ electrical connectors permits underwater plugging and unplugging with electrical power de-energized
- Pressure rated up to 20,000 psi or maximum 45,000 feet of sea water (except Series 53 which is rated up to 10,000 psi)
- Pressure balanced for easy engagement and disengagement in high pressure environments
† Locking Sleeves are not included with connectors, for drawing please see page 136
Dummy Connectors should be used to purge water from contact surface to reduce corrosion while unmated connector are exposed to water for an extended period of time. To order Dummy Connectors add the following to the end of the penetrator part number:
- DO for dummy connector all circuits open
- DS for dummy connector all circuits shorted or paired
The Crouse Hinds 53F8F-1 - Series 53 Watermate™ Connector - 4 Pins/8 Contacts - Female Socket boasts exclusive construction that allows these patented Watermate™ electrical connectors to be plugged and unplugged underwater with electrical power de-energized. Pressure rated up to 20,000 psi or maximum 45,000 feet of sea water (except Series 53 which is rated up to 10,000 psi).
Unmated connectors should not be exposed to water for an extended period. Dummy connectors should be used to purge water from the contact surfaces and reduce corrosion. Extreme flexing and rough handling will reduce the useful life of these underwater connectors.
Brand Crouse Hinds Video No