- One piece body construction
- Fully insulated electrically for safety in normal operation
- Design prohibits oxygen leakage in the torch body
- Bright orange for high visibility to the diver
- Tapered collet body brings the bare surface of an electrode into contact for the entire length of the collet
- Solid grip and increased contact area decreases the risk of arcing between the collet and electrode
- Equipped with a spark arrestor behind the collet for safe operation
- Ball check valve in the torch handle gives additional protection
- Docking facility construction
- Off-shore drill rig repair
- Power Cable Size: 1 AWG Weld Cable with Lug
- Power Cable Length: 10 feet
- Oxygen Requirement: Pressure: 75 - 100 psi (4.9 - 7.0 kg/cm2) over bottom pressure
- Standard Collet (Cutting): 3/8 in.
- Recommended Cutting Electrodes:
- SEA-JET® Cutting Electrode - Part No. 42-066-006
- SEA-DRAGON™ Cutting Electrode - Part No. 42-075-005
- Weight: 4.5 lbs (2.04kg)
The Arcair 14-050-126 Sea-Torch Combination Torch with 3/8 in. Collet is an underwater oxygen-arc cutting and welding torch with a one piece body construction. The torch has a tapered collet which brings the bare surface of an electrode into contact for the entire length of the collet. This solid grip and increased contact area decreases the risk of arcing between the collet and the electrode and damaging the torch head.
By loosening two set screws, the oxygen valve and lever can be rotated to different positions to provide easier oxygen flow control for the diver. The Sea-Torch comes with a 10 ft. (3.05 m) cable which can be disconnected from the torch. To use the above torches for underwater welding, there are collet chucks available for use with the Sea-Weld® underwater wet welding electrodes.
Sea-Torches built after 1996 are modified to accept the New Stubby Collets which can also be used with other torch brands. Requires Stubby blowback retainer and washer.
Brand Arcair Video No