- Configured to operate with virtually any style full face mask such as the AGA® MKII or Kirby Morgan® EXO-BR™
- With the addition of a CDK-6 Surface Accessory Kit, the SSB-1001B is easily converted into a portable surface station such as the Aquacom® STX-101 Transceiver
- Gives divers the ability to talk to one another or talk to any compatible surface station while they are underwater
- The patented VOX and Diver Control System ensures crystal clear communications
- Designed with State-of-the-art Digital Signal Processing circuitry ensuring great performance and clarity
- U.S. Navy Approved
- Voice Operated Transmitter (VOX)
- Push-to-talk control (PTT)
- Earphone volumes
- Voice menu (the user can adjust the SSB-1001B underwater via the voice menu)
- Removable transducer
- Heavy duty design
- Nominal Range: 200-3000 m
- Channels: 8 Channels
- Channel Selection: Selector switch
- Output Power: 10 Watts
- Microphone/Speakers: Requires a separate Ear/Microphone Assembly
- Transmit Control: PTT/VOX
- Maximum Depth: 300 FSW
- Battery Type: 8-AA alkaline or RB-11 NiMH battery pack
- Battery Life: 7 hrs on AA Alkaline; 8 hours on NiMH
- Dimensions: 8.125 in. x 4.5 in. x 2.25 in.
- Weight: 8 oz.
Aquacom® SSB-1001B Military Diver Transceiver - P/N: OTS-900272-011 Includes:
Channels1 = 32.768 kHz upper2 = 32.768 kHz lower3 = 31.250 kHz upper4 = 31.250 kHz lower5 = 28.5 kHz upper2 = 28.5 kHz lower3 = 25 kHz upper4 = 25 kHz lowerAquacom® SSB-2010B Compatibility ChartMKII Buddy Phoneï¿½D2RX-100 Buddy Phone®SSB-2010 Aquacom®XT-100-H Buddy Phone®MKII-BUDS Buddy Phone®STX-101 Aquacom®STX-101M Aquacom®SCU-BUD/S Buddy Phone®SP-100D-2 Digital Buddy Phone ®CDK-6 Surface Accessory KitEMA-2 Ear/Mic. AssemblyTEC-BUDS Buddy Phone®RCL-7A Multi Battery Charger
- (1) Storage Bag - P/N: OTS-134153-000
- (1) Adjusting Tool - P/N: OTS-910013-000
- (1) User Manual
The US Navy approved Ocean Technology System (OTS) Aquacom® SSB-1001B Transceiver is a 10-watt, 8-channel, single sideband underwater communications/telephone unit designed for Military and Government use. It is a through-water communication system just like the Aquacom® SSB-2010.
The SSB-1001B can be configured to operate with virtually any style full-face mask (FFM) or mouth mask. With the addition of a CDK-6 Surface Accessory Kit, the SSB-1001B is easily converted into a portable surface station. State-of-the-Art Digital Signal Processing ensures the OTS SSB-1001B Transceiver is second to none.
The patented VOX and Diver Control System ensure crystal clear communications. The OTS Aquacom STX-101M surface station is a perfect companion.
Please see OVERVIEW tab for a list of compatible communication systems for the Ocean Technology System (OTS) Aquacom SSB-1001B transceiver.
Brand OTS Communication Mode No Video No
What do I need so I can use my OTS wireless communication system with the EXO-BR mask?
If we assume you are using the SSB-2010 Diver’s Through-Water Transceiver, then you would need to install an EMA-2B Earphone/Microphone assembly on your EX0-BR mask. You would then connect the EMA-2B HI-USE Connector to your SSB-2010 transceiver. Once everything is connected and turned on, you should be able to communicate with the surface.