- NEW MP3 Player Input - Connects to an external audio signal for diver entertainment
- Improved battery life - 120 hours
- Improve speaker clarity
- Enough audio power to support two divers
- External 12 VDC power connection
- Independent diver and tender controls
- All connections on side of case for remote operation with lid closed
- 2- and/or 4-wire operation standard
- Tape Record Jack is standard
- The unit can be left on charge indefinitely without damage to the batteries or communicator (2810E versions only)
- The communicator can be operated directly from the charger where AC power is available (2810E versions only)
Non-Rechargeable: Part Number 2810E-1 Includes
- (2) 6 VDC Screw-Top Dry Cell Battery: Part Number 2890-01 - Expected life: 120 hrs
- User Manual
- Power : 12-Volt DC
- Frequency response : 300 to 4000 Hz
- Audio power output: 20 Watts per channel
- Isolation transformer: Split Bobbin Medical Grade
- Non-rechargeable Battery: 2 each 6-Volt DC spring-top dry-cell configured to 12-Volt DC. Expected life: 120 hours
Weight and Dimensions
- Height: 7.0 in. (28.0 cm)
- Width: 9.0 in. (35.4 cm)
- Depth: 6.55 in. (25.3cm)
- Weight: 7 lbs. (3.2 kg)
All communicators will transfer topside noise to the diver when using the radio speaker only. To eliminate background noise and achieve clear concise communications, use a Push-to-Talk microphone, headset, or a Remote Walk-and-Talk with a headset.
2 and 3 year extended warranties are available for this product. Please refer to the Attachments tab for further information on the program and the Accessories tab to purchase them.
Please see Attachments tab for printable catalog page.
Boasting 20 Watts of audio power and the greatest versatility, Amron's Amcom I Series communicator is by far the best portable one-diver communicator for hard-wire underwater radio communication currently on the market. Housed in a compact and extraordinarily sturdy case, this diver communication radio is available in the traditional 6-Volt lantern battery non-rechargeable version, as well as a rechargeable version, which is powered by Amron's external charger and optimized with a gel-cell battery.
EXTENDED WARRANTIES ARE AVAILABLE FOR THIS PRODUCT. PLEASE REFER TO THE ATTACHMENTS TAB FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ON THE PROGRAM
Brand Amron International Communication Mode 2-wire/4wire Video
Can you stack the banana plugs from the diver's communications cable so you can have two or three divers on the one diver communicator?
You can stack up to two divers on the one diver communicator. Stacking three divers is not recommended.
Can the diver listen to music if his umbilical is configured for 2-Wire communications?
No. The MP3 Player feature can only operate in 4-Wire mode.
How do I control the music volume I’m sending the diver?
There is no separate volume control provided for the MP3 player input so you will have to use the MP3 player to control the music volume.
Will the tender hear the music the diver is listening to?
No, the signal can not be heard by the tender.
Will my recording device record the music the diver is listening to?
No, the music signal is not sent to the tape recorder output.
Can I connect my one diver communicator to my computer so I can record audio?
Yes, you will need a cable that allows you to connect the communicator to your computer. You will also need audio recording software installed on your computer. On the back of the communicator there is a single RCA Phono jack (color-coded black) that provides a transformer isolated of both the diver and tender communications. It is designed to drive the standard line-level inputs of audio or video recorders with input impedances as low as 600 Ohms.
If I were to connect my smartphone to the MP3 player input, would the diver be able to speak to someone over the phone?
Yes, however the tender is required to turn on the communicator speaker and set the phone’s microphone next to it so the caller can hear the diver. We also found that the diver’s voice can be difficult to understand for the caller, so we recommend that the diver speak very slowly and clearly.
Will the 2810A-FS Field Service kit work on my 2810E Communicator?
Yes, the 2810A-FS Field Service kit will work on both the 2810A and 2810E communicators.