- High Pressure Side
- Two high pressure air supply connections with two color coded, 6ft SCUBA yokes and whips. The whips and yokes remain attached to the lid of the unit during storage or transit.
- Each input has a color coded shut off valve and an air pressure gauge which allows the tender to change out the air bottles in the system.
- As an added safety feature, check valves on each input provide protection against back flow of air from a full bottle to the empty in case the tender forgets to close the valve when switching bottles.
- A high quality Tescom adjustable, non-venting regulator reduces the high pressure air to low pressure air. The pressure reducing regulator input is protected against contamination by a 50 micron filter and a 0-400PSIG air pressure gauge monitors the output air pressure. A relief valve (factory set at 285PSIG) limits over pressurization.
- Low Pressure Side
- Input check valve permits simple switching to back-up high pressure air in the event of low pressure air failure. Back-up high pressure air supply can simply be turned on. Commercial diver umbilical air connection is an oxygen type fitting, controlled by a quarter turn ball valve which permits unrestricted flow.
- The 2810E 1 diver air communicator comes complete with a hand-held push-to-talk microphone which cancels top side background noise and provides clear communication to the commercial diver.
- The communicator has individual volume controls for the commercial diver and tender which provides for individual preferences of volume. Dynamic 20 watt 'voice power' insures clear hardwire communications even under difficult conditions.
- MP3 Player Input - Connects to an external audio signal for diver entertainment
- The radio has AC power with battery back-up power. The system can also be powered from an external 12V source or the 110/220 volt battery charger. A red LED battery condition indicator also functions for external power sources.
- The Pneumo System measures the commercial diver's depth by supplying air pressure to the pneumo hose.
- The heart of the pneumo system is the high precision 6 inch depth gauge. The depth gauge dial has a glare free face and is clearly marked for fast, accurate readings. Accuracy is .25%, full scale. The air control system has a built-in snubber for reducing pulsating and shock pressure loads to the precision gauges.
- The Diver Pneumo is a valve regulating type with yellow handle and controls the air supply to the pneumo fathometer system.
Heating Element Option
- The Amron 8111-H includes an 18 foot heating cable that will allow for diving in air temperatures below 45 degrees. The heating cable is wrapped around the HP input and regulator section located on backside of manifold panel. The standard plug connect 120 VAC heater is located on the front panel for ease of use.
Amcommand I with Heating Element: Part Number 8111-H Includes
- Hand-Held Push-to-Talk Microphone: Part Number 2405-28
- HP Yoke/Hose Assembly: Part Number 8111-500
- GFCI Cord Set In-Line 2 FT: Part Number 1080-14-2S
- User Manual
- Commercial Diver Air Control Specifications
- HP Air Supply Pressure: 500-3000 PSI with standard CGA850 Yoke Connections or 500-4500 PSI with optional 300 Bar DIN Adapter
- HP Inlet Valve: 2 Source Select
- HP Pressure Gauge: 0-5000 psi, Accuracy +/- 1.5% Full Scale
- HP Check Valve: Two Check Valves prevent reverse inlet flow
- Two Input Yokes, with 6ft. high pressure hose whips
- HP Input Filter, in-line: 50 Micron
- HP Pressure Reducing Regulator: Tescom® High Pressure Regulator
- HP Pressure Reducing Regulator Outlet Pressure Range: 0-285 PSI
- HP Regulator Flow Capacity: Cv =.06
- LP Relief Valve: 285 PSI
- LP Output Fitting: O2, 9/16-18 RH oxygen (B size)
- LP Inlet Fitting: #6 JIC
- Hardwire Commercial Diver Communications Specifications
- Power: 110/220VAC 50/60Hz (automatic) with internal/external battery, 12VDC
- Battery Life: 85 Hours (approx)
- Frequency Response: 300 to 4000 Hz
- Audio Power: 20 watts per channel
- Pneumo Specifications
- Pneumo Gauge: 6 Inch Dual Scale 0-250 FSW/76 MSW
- Pneumo Fitting: 02 (37° JIC optional)
- Panel Specifications
- Panel Material: Black polyester powder coated over stainless and aluminum
- Graphics: Red, white and blue silk-screened
2 or 3 Year Extended Warranties are available for this product. Please refer to the Attachments tab for further information on the program.
- High Pressure Side
Amron has used our extensive experience in building quality life support equipment and put together the finest one commercial diver air control console available today.
The Amron Amcommand I One Diver Air Control with Communications System and Heating Element has both high and low pressure inlet supply connections and can handle two separate 4500PSIG inlet sources. The compact Tescom high flow regulator is user adjustable, allowing the tendor to select the commercial diver's outlet air pressure, depending on the commercial diving helmet or band mask requirements. The full size, 6 inch Pneumo air pressure gauge is easy to read with dual FSW/MSW scales and has the highest accuracy rating in the commercial diving industry.
Individual shut off valves, check valves, relief valve and 50 micron in-line air filter complete the air control system. The Amcommand I includes a panel-mounted one commercial diver radio that features both 2- and 4-wire communications capability. This 20-watt radio has an extended gel-cell rechargeable battery life, a built-in universal charger, VCR compatible tape record jack and a hand-held microphone. The two 6-foot HP air supply whips are complete with the 'A' style yoke to fit a standard scuba bottle (CGA-850 connection, 3000PSIG max) and internally stored in the lid.
***EXTENDED WARRANTIES ARE AVAILABLE FOR THE AMRON AMCOMMAND 1 DIVER - AIR CONTROL / COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEM. PLEASE REFER TO THE ATTACHMENTS TAB FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ON THE PROGRAM.***
Brand Amron International Communications Yes Video No
Should I use a GFI when operating my radio off AC power?
When operating your Amron Diver Communicator on AC, it is critical to use a Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI) or isolation transformer for tender and diver safety. Surges and spikes are common on AC lines found on ships, generated locally, or at the end of long extension cable runs and can exceed 1kVolt. Such surges and spikes can cause the fuses, F1 and F2, to blow on the battery charger board and in extreme cases damage the charger circuitry. The battery charger is designed so that such a failure will be isolated and will not cause a safety issue to the tender or divers. It is strongly advised that your Amron Diver Communicator be operated on an AC circuit with a high quality surge arrester or an AC isolation transformer.
Can I connect my one diver communicator to my computer so I can record audio?
Yes, you will need a cable that allows you to connect the communicator to your computer. You will also need audio recording software installed on your computer. On the back of the communicator there is a single RCA Phono jack (color-coded black) that provides a transformer isolated of both the diver and tender communications. It is designed to drive the standard line-level inputs of audio or video recorders with input impedances as low as 600 Ohms.
Can I use 40% nitrox gas with my Amcommand II?
Yes, but we do not recommend using oxygen enriched breathing mixures above 40%.
Can I connect the heating element on my 8111-H Air Control to a 220V power supply?
No, the heating element operates on 110V. If you are located in a country that uses 220V electrical power then you will be required to use a travel style power converter that will step down your 220V to 110V. Please note: electrical power converters and power adapters look very similar but they are very different in how they operate. The adapter simply allows you to plug your equipment power plug into a different shaped receptacle used in other countries. A power converter takes in the wall current and converts it to a power setting that is safe for operating your equipment.
How can I test for a blown fuse on my Amcom II series communicator?
If the unit is plugged into a live outlet and turning on the switch does not cause the AC POWER LED to light up, then the fuse(s) are probably blown. Unplug the unit from the outlet, remove the fuses and check continuity with a multimeter. Replace any fuse that does not show continuity.
How do I change my two high pressure supply whips from yoke to DIN?
You will need to remove the yoke assembly from the bleed assembly from the high pressure supply connections. To remove the yoke assembly, you simply loosen and remove the large nut located next to yoke bleed screw. Once removed you will need to install your 300 Bar DIN adapter part number HAS-300D.
Can I operate my communicator while I’m charging the internal battery?Yes, however, the charger will charge the battery at a slower rate as some of the charger power is being used to operate the communicator. For the communicator only, units without options, about 20% of the charger’s power is being used by the communicator but units with HSU (Helium Speech Unscrambler) most of the battery charger energy is going to the communicator and HSU.
Why does the speaker on my communicator sound muffled?The simplest way to fix this issue is to unplug the red banana plug from the red microphone 5-way binding post on the communicator and rotate it 180 degrees then reinstall it. This should fix your problem. For a more detailed explanation of what happened, please read below. The issue is not with the communicator, it is with the wiring of the umbilical. There is always the potential for wiring the speakers and microphone out of phase, similar to wiring the speakers on a car stereo system. There is an orientation to the banana jacks and they should be wired for proper phasing with the communicator. A banana plug does have an identified ground side marked on the plug. Amron always sets up their umbilicals so that the ground side is located on the left side so the user can consistently plug in their umbilical and avoid phasing issues. If a banana plug is plugged upside down or is wired out of phase, the sound quality will be significantly reduced. If the phasing is out and the orientation of both plugs are the same, then the banana plug wiring should be reversed on “only one plug” to avoid this issue again. It does not matter which plug you choose to reverse the wiring on.
How do I connect the 120V heating element on my 8225-HP-H Air Control to my local 230V power supply?The heater requires 120VAC, if you are using 220VAC power then you will need a voltage converter with a minimum rating of 500W.
What type of cable do I need to connect my Amron communicator to my Outland video system?Amron communicators and Outland Technology’s video systems have a RCA Phono Jack. To connect the two systems together, you will need an audio cable with RCA Plugs on each end.